Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dr.suzn Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 04:41 PM
    Is a couch considered ruined if a cleaner wore through the leather cushions
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2010, 07:41 PM

Do you mean a professional cleaner tore or wore a hole in a leather couch?

If it has a hole in it, it would be ruined at my home
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 24, 2010, 07:43 PM

There is more then one way to look at it. And a good upholsterer can repair the cushions. So its really hard to say without knowing the full extent of the damage and how it was actually caused.

Dec 24, 2010, 09:13 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    No. My crazy ex did it in haste.just by being sloppy.the model is discontinued and a perfect repair is given less than a 10% chance according to the store where I purchased it. I'm wondering about H.O. insurance
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 24, 2010, 09:16 PM

Its not likely covered by your home owners insurance as this is something you yourself created and not from outside influence.

Dec 24, 2010, 09:24 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    I disagree. Some kids scribbled on the cushions.that is covered by H.O. I was just wondering if they would cover it completely-i have replacement value.but to me it is ruined because it was a beautiful leather couch and it won't match
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 24, 2010, 09:32 PM

Now your story is not making sense. Who's children were these? And who gave them permission to be near the couch?

Dec 24, 2010, 09:53 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    They are my exs grandchildren-2,3 and 4.and she was right there when it happened.this whole family has no regard for property!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair scratches on tan leather couch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a light tan coloured couch. Recently I noticed some small scratches in it probably from the kids or possibly my cat. I tried putting the olive oil remedy on it but it turns the scratches darker. What can I do myself to fix these fine scratches that are driving me nuts!

Couch infestation tan eggs/holes in couch [ 2 Answers ]

I have been noticing small pinholes in my couches top rim and tiny deposits of what appear to be eggs or nits. They are tan and recurrent , even after covering tiny bore holes with tape, whatever it is seems to bore through even the tape. It's the top rail of my couch and it's freaking me out....

Home repair for leather couch? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 12-15 inch tear on a leather couch, and a smaller tear in another spot... in need of a quick at home fix for this problem?

Repair and restore a leather couch [ 3 Answers ]

I have a couch that has a small tear and a number of scratches. I would like to repair the tear and scratches. The second thing is that I would like to know what to use to polish it up to look like new with no marks. Thank you very much for your help. Karen Koba

Replacing leather button on tufted couch [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find the tool used to replace a leather button on a leather tufted sofa?

View more questions Search