Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria64 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 06:34 PM
    Carpet stain
    My son is on food supplements to increase his weight due to ill health, one of these supplements is called Scandishake which has a very high fat content, this was knocked over onto the carpet & has left very bad stains, I've tried all sorts of stain removers & had the carpet shampooed with no change, it's a burgundy carpet & the stain stands out a mile, Please, Please help, Thank You in advance for any replys.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 23, 2010, 07:02 PM

I know that this won't help at this point the stain has set, spots come out stains do not. However some helpful info for next time, when something spills on your carpet immediately put room temperature water on it and let it soak for a minute or two.

Then dab (do not rub) it with a clean white cloth or paper towels. Press the cloth into the stain and hold for a minute or two changing then to a clean part of the towel, then repeat if necessary continuing to dab.

Put another clean towel on it and then sit something heavy on the towel over night. Then in the morning it should be clean if not repeat again works 90% of the time. The clean towel or paper towels will absorb the spot.

Stringer
    maria64 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maria64 View Post
    My son is on food supplements to increase his weight due to ill health, one of these supplements is called Scandishake which has a very high fat content, this was knocked over onto the carpet & has left very bad stains, ive tried all sorts of stain removers & had the carpet shampooed with no change, its a burgundy carpet & the stain stands out a mile, Please, Please help, Thank You in advance for any replys.
    Quote Originally Posted by maria64 View Post
    My son is on food supplements to increase his weight due to ill health, one of these supplements is called Scandishake which has a very high fat content, this was knocked over onto the carpet & has left very bad stains, ive tried all sorts of stain removers & had the carpet shampooed with no change, its a burgundy carpet & the stain stands out a mile, Please, Please help, Thank You in advance for any replys.
    Thank You so much for this advice, I hopefully won't have to use it in the future but it's good to have this knowledge, just in case, I hope this reply gets to you, I am still trying 2 suss the site out & have had no luck so far trying to reply to people who have offered help re other matters, once again, many thanks, this is greatly appreciated.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 23, 2010, 07:16 PM

You are welcome I wish you had it prior to trying other things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carpet -Stain Protectors [ 7 Answers ]

We are looking for new carpet, as ours is matted and stained (in the traffic areas only). We have had our carpets professionally cleaned at least every 6 months since buying it. It is olefin, which is said to be the worst for matting, but good on stains. Carpet sellers say nylon is best......

Stain on the carpet [ 9 Answers ]

We have a few stains on our carpet from coffee and cook tried every thing to remove it but will not come off any advice is greatly appreciated see the pictures below, Thanks. John

Stain in the Apartment Carpet [ 10 Answers ]

I vacated a one bedroom apartment with a paint stain in a 5 year old carpet. The landlord wants to charge me $300 to fix but I have phoned around and gotten quotes for the process they are saying they will perform in the $125-$150 range. I only had two days to move (moved to another apartment in...

Carpet stain [ 1 Answers ]

How do I restore the color in the carpet after I accidentially:( spilled a stain remover with bleach in it on there? It is a rather large stain & I just recently moved into this apartment & want to fix it if I can. Thanks.

Ink stain on the carpet [ 12 Answers ]

How do I remove an ink stain on the carpet??

View more questions Search