Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ramdas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2003, 03:57 AM
    Making several doc files into a single file
    Hi,
    I have several word 97 doc files. I wd like to make them all into a single file.
    Is there an easy way of doing it instead of doing manually inserting each file into current file?
    2. Can MP3 files be compressed?
    Thanks for the reply.
    Ramdas ?
    sclark Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2003, 11:39 PM
    In response to question 1:
    You can insert files into open documents at any point you want (this makes it more versatile than merely appending one document to another) as shown below.

Insert a second document into an open document
    1 Click where you want to insert the second document.
    2 On the Insert menu, click File.
    3 In the File name box, enter the name of the file you want to insert.
    Note To insert only part of a file, type a bookmark name in the Range box.
    Question 2:
    Mp3 is a compressed format already. Unless you want to change formats (ogg vorbis is a little better) or want to zip the mp3 files up (but they will no longer be playable unless they are unzipped first. The only suggestion is to reduce your bitrate in order to get smaller filesizes. The quality of the sound will be reduced, but it's a choice to make.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2003, 11:01 AM
    For the first question you might want to take a look at master documents in Word help. This doesn't place the files into one document, but it allows you to coordinate several documents as one. Otherwise you need to insert each separately.

As sclark said, MP3s are already compressed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making several binary files into single file [ 1 Answers ]

We have software which stores data into multiple binary files. We want to combine all those file into single file without compression so that end user will not be confused with several files but be comfortable with single file. We want to know how to make several files into a single file and how to...

Merging Word files into one large file [ 16 Answers ]

I have book pages stored as five files of 15 pages each. Is there a way to combine them into one large file? Thank you.

How to view single record of ALL people at single address? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a table with addresses and names. I can easily sort it by address to see all the people living at the same address grouped together. However, this is problematic with mail-merges, since I wind up generating a new letter for each person, sending multiple mailings to the same residence. ...

Corrupt file (extremely important files) [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, so before slicking my computer and starting from afresh, I zip a massive 9 gigabyte folder into about 6 gigs. These files were things I needed very severely for my resumes, portfolios, class work, exams, projects, pictures videos... four years worth of programming code crapped away; you get...

Making Files Downloadable... How? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok guys, first off I really appreciate anyone helping me out with my question ;D 1- How do I make files open for the public to download on the internet? 2- Are there any free programs out there where someone can use to browse a file on their computer, select it, than send to me by email? ...

View more questions Search