Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    K_paramore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 03:45 PM
    Is it normal for your ear not to hurt at all after a cartilage piercing?
    I am able to touch and sleep on my ear even though my piercing is new. It doesn't hurt and all I hear about is how much pain people are in from getting pierced. Can this somehow mean I could get an infection or am I just being paranoid?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 23, 2010, 03:52 PM

You're being paranoid. ;)

If it was infected it would hurt. No pain is a sign that things went well.

The reason many people experience pain with a cartilage piercing is that most people get them done with a regular ear piercing tool at the local mall. A piercing gun can shatter the cartilage, and many people end up with a lot of issues because of this, infection being the least of the issues.

Make sure to follow the instructions given when you got the piercing, and if you do experience any pain, swelling or major discoloration, see your doctor immediately.

Good luck.
    Hrilmitzh Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 05:57 PM
    This is a good thing I'd say!
    When mine was pierced it was a tiny bit red in a circle around the (needle) piercing. The redness was gone in all of 2 days, and the soreness would have been gone quickly too (if I hadn't gotten whapped in the side of the head on several occasions spaced about 1 month apart, sigh, my piercer was amused) Mine was about the most pain you feel unless things go wrong, so you should be in the clear! If you are really worried, just call up your piercer and ask, any that I've tlaked to have been incredibly nice and more than happy to field questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal to have intense pain after having a cartilage ear piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

I Just Got My Ear Pierced 4 Days Ago. & There Is Swelling & Pain When Nothing is touching it, it is also red. I think A piece of my hair got stuck in the piercing, Any Thought on what I should Do??

Ear cartilage piercing [ 6 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 4 days ago. The stud they used always tangled my hair and caused incredible pain. My brother convinced me to put a hoop in instead. After an hour of prying off the stud and inserting the hoop it seemed to feel a bit better. All day today I have been miserable! I can't...

How much does a cartilage piercing hurt? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting my cartlage pierced on Wednesday the 22nd December 2010 and I am so nervous about if it will hurt or not because I have heard from some people that it does but from others I have heard that it doesn't

Ear cartilage piercing infection old [ 0 Answers ]

I had a cartilage piercing more than 2 years ago, and it never healed. It hurt a lot few days after the piercing, it got swollen, and every time I attempted to clean the wound, it felt like making another piercing putting the earring on. I never went back to check with my piercer, and eventually I...

Does piercing your cartilage hurt [ 1 Answers ]

I don't think it hurts when I got mine don't at claires it wasa little stinging for about 18 seconds and I juts got mine done I remember and it hurts when I roatate them and when you touch it or something hits it remember don't sleep on it cause it will go right through your ear

View more questions Search