Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soraya.n Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Dec 23, 2010, 08:11 AM
    viruses & Spywares! Answer as soon as possible.
    I was surfing the net 5 or 6 hours ago then my Google chrome web browser showed me a warning message from windows firewall. It was about some viruses and recommended me to click on OK button.I did it and then there was a new tab which was showing me the folders infected by viruses like "my computer" and then asked me to download a program to start removing them but now I can not find it... first I started that program but it didn't work.I started scanning the computer with my ESET smart security for several times but the result was:"the number of threats is 0", every time.Now would you mind helping me with this? What was that page and is it OK to work with PC while ESET is running and scanning the computer?
    Thank you
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 23, 2010, 08:17 AM

Does anything seem to be infected? IF you're PC is showing signs of malware then you would want to get this taken care of as soon as possible.

THere are other AV & AntiSpyware tools you can download for free to temporarily use.

This program that came up could have been anything. Your best bet is to run an AV in safemode. I would suggest downloading and using Malwarebytes and running it in safemode!

Let us know what seems to be affected if anything. Are you experiencing redirects, popups in your OS toolbar, etc...

Dec 23, 2010, 10:59 AM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    Thanks.I'm downloading it right now and I'm going to give it a try in a few minutes.
    rupalsharma Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Dec 23, 2010, 11:17 AM
    This looks like a virus or malware, try and restore your computer using System Restore to a date that you are sure that your computer was ruuning fine. It could happen that the virus wouldn't let you run the System restore , you could then try login into the guest account of your computer and run System resote from there.

Dec 23, 2010, 11:35 AM
    Comment on rupalsharma's post
    Thanks.. I just got all of them removed :)

Dec 23, 2010, 11:38 AM
    It was a really stressful day! I've been just trying to fight with those viruses & now I'm so glad that I could defeat them.. . Anyway,thank you guys :)
    Networking Expert

Dec 23, 2010, 11:52 AM

How did you remove them? Malwarebtyes?

Dec 23, 2010, 12:14 PM
    Yeah,I used Malwarebtyes.
    Networking Expert

Dec 23, 2010, 12:18 PM

Glad it worked for you! I would suggest hanging on to Malwarebytes for any future issues!

Dec 23, 2010, 12:24 PM
    I appreciate you... I hope viruses go away from everybody's computer because it was really bad and was my first time to face them:)
    Networking Expert

Dec 23, 2010, 06:44 PM

I'm sure it will not be your last. Malware is inevitable and very few are lucky to not experience some form.
    southerngent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 10:43 AM
    After you run Malware then run SuperAntiSpyware. They detect in different ways.
    http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

There are actually malware pages out there that will pop up and notify you of a virus. When you click on the "remove" or "clean" button, the virus or malware is then uploaded to your PC. I have had this happen several times myself. Always run a scan after this happens. I also suggest using Avast or AVG anti-virus programs. Both are free but effective. Personally I like Avast.

Jan 8, 2011, 09:45 AM
    Comment on southerngent's post
    Thank you so much :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Metamorphic viruses and polymorphic viruses? [ 2 Answers ]

Am studying the security exam. I am a bit confused about viruses. I understand that polymorphic viruses changes their signature when infect a file every time, I think metamorphic viruses do same thing. I could not find the differences among them. Could you please help me about this differences?

Computer viruses [ 1 Answers ]

How to create benefecial computer viruses using C

Deleting viruses [ 3 Answers ]

Will deleting viruses from my friends computer make get it more free space percentage?:confused:

Viruses and Infections [ 6 Answers ]

What's the difference in "viruses" and "infections"? I use PC Tools Spyware Doctor which scans the computer daily. Everyday, there are (X) amount of infections on the computer, which I always clean up. So what's the difference? And how dangerous are these infections?

I have several viruses I can't seem to remove [ 2 Answers ]

My computer has recently become plagued with viruses, and I can't seem to get rid of any of them. I cannot do a system restore, and I cannot delete any of the bad files I actually find. The following are my problems: 1: When I open my Internet Explorer, "Security Toolbar 7.1" appears, and I...

View more questions Search