Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whomejohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2010, 09:33 PM
    What book was I reading?
    Several years ago, I started reading a book but was never able to finish it. Here is what I remember: I believe the main character in the book was a disgruntled tabloid reporter, I believe he had been demoted and there was a lot of friction between him and his boss. As I remember, he was assigned to interview the resident(s) of a remote house. The residents at the home were sort of backward and lived among a junkyard full of old appliances. After leaving just after dark, he discovers a half-dead person strapped to a chair in the middle of the road. At some point after checking the area for clues, he returns to find the victim, chair and all, missing. The story also takes you to Central America where a baseball scout is looking for talent in the local scene. Sound familiar?

Check out some similar questions!

Does reading random thing in internet, is the equivalent to reading books? [ 2 Answers ]

They say that reading books is good. I'm not very smart perhaps because I don't read many books. I've almost never read a whole book from start to end. And I'm in my 30's. But I do read a lot of stuff in the web. But mostly short things. Not like long full books. But isn't it the same thing? Or...

Looking for book from The Weekly Reader Book Club, 60's or 70's, paperback, on WWI. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I trying to find a book that I bought in the mid-60's from The Weekly Reader Book Club. I believe it was simply called World War I. It's a small paperback. There's pictures in the book, one of which is subtitled "Doughboys to the Front". In this photo is my grandfather. I loaned...

I need title to this book I never finished reading [ 1 Answers ]

I vaguely remember part of the title it had the word god in it, and there was like a sub title with like code Dracula or vampire... the book started with I think they were navy seals and they killed like a cult leader or something.it had like a sub story with these televangelist one had a golden...

A book worth reading. [ 28 Answers ]

A Child Called It: One Child's Courage to Survive By David J. Pelzer I do recommend those who like non-fiction and those who like fiction to read this book... It is not for the faint hearted...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.