Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NiceGuy_27 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 08:54 PM
    Do I tell a girl I like her, even though we have history?
    Threads merged

So I really like this girl and can't get her out of my head. We used to "see each other" for about a month and a half, then we were on break for a couple weeks until she ended it for another guy. She's single again and I'm still not over her. We are friends so we still talk and we studied together the other day which was the longest we have spent together since she ended it. We are from different cities and exams are over in 2 days which means we each leave for home for the holidays. I really want to tell her how I feel before I go but am not sure if it's a good idea or how to do it. You I know I should just get over her and move and I've tried but she just keeps coming back to my mind. Any tips on what to do or how to do it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    sonya82 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 08:58 PM
    Just tell her how you feel. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Dec 14, 2010, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sonya82 View Post
    just tell her how you feel. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
    Spot on.. can't get any more simple than that.
    natarakiak Posts: 15, Reputation: -4

Dec 15, 2010, 06:12 AM
    Go to her before its late!

Dec 22, 2010, 12:11 PM
    What does it mean?
    I wrote a letter to this girl that I have history with telling her I still like her. It was the day before I left for xmas break so I put it in her locker. Later that day she IM me saying thank you for the letter and have a good christmas. We haven't talked since ,its been 5 days... what does it mean?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 12:23 PM

Why haven't you called her in 5 days?

Dec 22, 2010, 12:29 PM
    Comment on I wish's post
    I tried talking to her 2 days after I gaver her the letter but she didn't respond, plus she lives 7 hours away.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 12:32 PM
    Did you leave her a message?

If she hasn't made any attempts on responding to you, then her message is loud and clear. Actions speak louder than words, unfortunately ignoring is another way of rejection.

I would say, try contacting her again just to make sure, but if she still doesn't respond, then it's pretty clear that she's not interested in you the same way as you are into her.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2010, 01:55 PM

Since you just finished up the exams and are in the holiday season, I would give her until after the first of the week to respond. IF you haven't heard from her during the first week of January, then you need to forget about her altogether.

Jan 7, 2011, 11:25 AM
    I was never around. What can I do now?
    I was seeing a girl for a month in September.

I went away the next 3 weekends after we were together. I play on a varsity sports team in college so I was always away on tournaments.
    Plus I was gone every 2nd weekend after that.

We went on break. She wanted to figure some stuff out but didn't want to loose me completely. But we still hung out and hooked up every now and then.

After a month on break, she told me she we couldn't be together. I asked why but she said it was too hard to explain. She met someone else but it only lasted for 2 weeks. She called me right after they broke up.(not to get back with me, just to talk.)

I wrote her a letter telling her I liked her and put it in her locker because I wouldn't get to see her before I went home for Xmas break.
    She thanked me for the letter the day after.(assuming that she read it). We only talked once over the break(just a regular conversation).
    She sent me a text at 12 on new years eve saying happy new years but also that she missed me.

I still like her and can't get her out of my head.

I'm only away once more for the rest of the year.

Is there anything I can do that would help me get another chance with her?
    Or what do you think I should do?
    Anything would help. Thanks!
    LightCross Posts: 87, Reputation: 29

Jan 7, 2011, 11:35 AM
    I wouldn't recommend chasing her, she lost interest to you when u were away for few weeks and told you she couldn't go with you.Even if she were to get together with you again what u expect ?Being told 'i can't be with u again' when later u have to go away for few days? I suggest leave her for good as there are lot of more mature gals out there who can dedicate themselves to u more and apreciate you more than her
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Jan 7, 2011, 11:51 AM
    I know you like this girl but, if you are serious about your sports then it may be rather hard maintaining any relationship.

Also, it seems like she is pulling your strings a bit here. "It's complicated" is not an acceptable explanation. Seems like she is just keeping you on the hook( an option), a shoulder for a good cry at best.

Just play it cool dude. Give her space, she knows you like her. If she comes back to you fine, if not, such is life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 7, 2011, 05:34 PM

You have already been dumped for another guy, and she still didn't come back to you. Don't let your own feeling let you get played for a fool... AGAIN!!

Jan 8, 2011, 09:39 PM
    Do I ask her to come with me?
    Threads merged again

I'm going to a basketball game tomoro at my school and want to ask her to come with me. We have been to a couple together before but then I missed a lot because I was busy with my own sports.

We used to "see each other" about 2 months ago. She broke it off but said she still wanted to be friends. And even called me when she broke up with some other guy.

I don't know where I stand with her. I wrote her a letter before I went home for xmas break, telling her I like her. She sent me a text saying thank you for the letter, because we didn't have a chance to see each other before the break.

We only talked once over the holiday and at the end of the conversation she said she missed me. She txted me on new years eve saying happy new years, called me a name that she hasn't called me since we were together, and said she missed me.

We hung out for the first time, outside of school in a long time. She asked me to come to a club. We went with other people just as a group and danced that way all together not one on one.

But the whole night at the club she didn't dance with any other guy, but didn't even look at me once while being there... I really don't know where I am with her. Everything was going good before we got to the bar, then she ignored me...

We kind of got into an argument before she went home because she wanted to drive home after the bar, even though she was probably fine to drive. I don't know if she's mad at me or not.

Should I ask her to go to the game with me??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 08:53 AM

You still messing around with a female that has already dumped you before for another guy, and then she dumps him and calls you?? You are a glutton for punishment aren't you??

Can't you ask a nicer girl out, who is a lot more fun, with less game about her? You keep starting threads about the same female, get the same answers, and advice, and keep doing the same thing as you did before.

We call that being STUCK, and the cycle repeats itself, until you unstuck yourself.

That usually means leave the girl alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search