Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zryan1985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2010, 07:38 AM
    Freezing temperatures in ireland no cold water downstairs everywhere else is fine
    Have no cold water downstairs but upstairs is fine its -5 here in ireland
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2010, 09:55 PM

Over here in the USA when the temps get below zero F or 32 degrees F I keep the cold water tap turned on to a slow trickle. This keeps the water flowing as water that is moving cannot freeze. You should be able to have the cold water downstairs flow if you have cold water up stairs. I keep the kitchen cold water faucet turned on when temps are very cold outside.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 23, 2010, 09:03 AM

"water that is moving cannot freeze." moving water is more difficult to freeze but it can still freeze. I think you meant that flowing water has less time to sit in the pipe and dropo down to a freezing temp. Anyway, lets narrow this down. Upstairs you have hot and cold, right? Downstairs you have hot but no cold, right? How many cold water fixtures are affected

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No cold water in downstairs tap? Cause [ 3 Answers ]

All the other taps, hot and cold in the house work, inc the hot tap to the kitchen sink where the non functioning cold tap is/What could be the cause?

When the hot water is on upstairs cold water runs through all faucets downstairs why? [ 10 Answers ]

We had our carport turned into a room for our handicapped son and the plumber came out to plumb the bathroom. Now where we always had plenty hot water downstairs and upstairs the water downstairs only gets lukewarm and when someone is taking a shower upstairs cold water runs through all the faucets...

I have cold water downstairs but no hot or cold water upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

I have water coming into the house as I have cold water in the downstairs tap but I have no hot water upstairs in the taps and no water in the toilet but there is water in the tank any suggests

No cold or hot water downstairs [ 0 Answers ]

I have a combi boiler with gas central heating. I got up this morning and I have no running water downstairs at all. There is running water upstairs and my central heating is working. Please have you a solution.

No cold water upstairs, OK downstairs. Hot OK everywhere [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first time on this board. Hello. The above title is pretty explanatory, happened in my home today. Why should this be? I have run the cold tap downstairs to see if it will run dry but it is fine. Hot OK too. Happened this morning. Thames water have no cut offs. Any takers?

View more questions Search