Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Dec 22, 2010, 01:07 AM
    Ashampoo speedup premium - error message
    Hi Folks.

I have just purchased Speedup Premium from Ashampoo.

However when I try to install the app I get the error message:

'the application requires the .net 2 framework'

The setup then asks me to 'finish'

I am running the Win 7 Ult OS but I don't believe Net 2 Framework is used in this OS. Am I correct?

If so I must assume that the above application will not be compatible with my OS.

I have tried to contact Ashampoo on several occasions but so far have had no reply. This is very unusual for Ashampoo.

Can anyone please offer any advice about my problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A very happy Christmas and a very happy & healthy 2011 to you all.

Cy
    (Poseidon)

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 22, 2010, 01:11 AM
    Yes, you are correct .net 2 comes as standard.
    Try running Windows update to ensure everything is patched.

To be brutally honest you have WASTED your money.
    I have yet to find an optimising app that actually works correctly with Win7, most do more harm than good.

Your better off sticking to the tried and tested methods of increased RAM, Ccleaner and a good defragger.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Dec 22, 2010, 08:45 AM
    I have never hear of or seen "ASHAMPOO SPEEDUP PREMIUM"
    I usually avoid these types of programs there are a lot of ramson ware programs out there to speed up your compute, however CCCleaner works well as a cleaner and registry repair tool. Windows is a huge target for the bad guys so to run windows it requires a little work on the user's part. Here are some things that will help.
    1. Keep updated, Microsoft releases patches on the Second Tuesday of the month.
    2. Run a good up to date AV program I like Nod32 runs smaller than most others and works well
    3. Clear software that you do not need or use from the computer, windows has a nasty habit of preloading portions of programs into memory so uninstalling programs you never use stops this for the programs you uninstall.
    4. Run "msconfig" to and stop other programs from loading at start up, if you need the program you can still open it, but stoping it from preloading will help with performance.

So in short Keep it updated, keep it clean and preload as little as possible, Good luck
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Dec 23, 2010, 12:27 AM
    For Cmeeks & curlyben.

Thank you both for your replies, they are greatly appreciated. I am not actually a newbie at computing but when I have a question I tend to ask it in the newbie section on AMHD as I find more experts seem to read this section when replying to computer problems.

For cmeeks:

I made a slight error in my question, I actually purchased the program from 'Supereasy' via an invite from Ashampoo.

Ashampoo have been providing software for many applications for over a decade and I have used many of them. All their products I have found very reliable and realistically priced.

They provide software for burning, defragging, audio and many other applications.

The speedup program I purchased only cost me £2.79 UK pounds so it was not too bad.

I do everything you suggest already, including keeping my system updated and agree it is a common sense approach to keeping speeds up. I only decided to give it a try because the application was so cheap. Ashampoo reward their long term customers quite well with greatly reduced prices on occasions and if there are ever any problems they are very quick to give refunds if applicable.

For Curlyben:

I also agree with your reply. I do have a good defragger and keep my system up to date. I have also disabled startup programs I don't need when starting up.

I have checked my installed applications to see what I have installed but cannot find any reference to .net framework.

Poseidon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2010, 03:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post
    I have checked my installed applications to see what I have installed but cannot find any reference to .net framework.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

It gets installed and updated through Windows Update.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yahoo error message, "Internet Explorer has encountered en error and must shut down" [ 2 Answers ]

I go into Yahoo Home page OK. Anything I click on within the Yahoo home page - gives me the message, "Internet Explorer has encountered en error and must shut down". Then it takes me back to the Windows screen. I am trying to get into my Yahoo emails.

Error message [ 1 Answers ]

For the past three days my computers has been acting really slow or not responding. This error message pops up a million times in succession; "ree1 system call failed" Dose anyone know whatthat means and how can I fix it? Thanks

Windows Vista Premium Error 8024402C [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Unable to get Microsoft Windows Update, error 8024402C on Windows Vista Premium with Norton Security. Michel..

View more questions Search