Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saibabu.kolli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2010, 11:26 PM
    Do I need to pay taxes even my employer doesn't run the payroll
    Hi,
    I came on L1 from india,My employer stated for first 90 days he will not run the payroll but will pay perdim basis for first 90 days(Non taxiable).From the 91st day he wanted to run the payroll for me...
    My Query :
    1.If my employer send me back after completing 90 days will I get effected for not paying tax for the 90days stay?
    2. Is that OK my employer runs payroll after 91st day or we will get any issues ?

It would be great help if any one guide me in this.

Thanks,
    Saibabu Kolli
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 22, 2010, 04:53 AM
    You are a contractor for those 90 days and do owe taxes. He gives you a 1099 MISC form with the amount, and the IRS gets a copy.
    After you become an employee, taxes are deducted from each paycheck. You still file a tax return, both types of income on one return, if in the same year.
    I see no problem depending on the time limit of your visa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My employer informed me he owes the IRS 78000.00 in payroll taxes. [ 1 Answers ]

My Employeer/boss just informed me he hasn't been paying the payroll taxes all year although he has been deducting it from my check.He owes 78,000 in back taxes.Will I still be able to get a refund? Who will be responsible to pay these monies due to the IRS?

I pay $1 for LTD premiums after taxes and employer pays rest. Is my LTD pay taxable [ 1 Answers ]

I pay $ 1 for LTD premiums after taxes. My employer pays rest of premium for LTD for me. Will my LTD checks be taxable now that I've just been granted full disability?

Employer Didn't Pay Taxes Withheld [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who is in need of some answers regarding withholding taxes. My friends employer withheld tax money, but at end of year the employer gave employee a 1099 form showing NO taxes withheld. She has all of her check statements showing the amount of taxes withheld. At the end of last...

How much employer should pay taxes again on my w2 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Advance Thanks for answering my Question! Can you please tell me How much employer should pay taxes again on my w2 after paying withholding taxes.. ( SSN,Health,Federal)... Will they pay separate taxes again on our salary ? I am located in VA. Thanks!

Soleproprietorship - can I pay myself an actual payroll check and withhold taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

As a soleproprietor can I legally pay myself a regular payroll check and withhold payroll taxes as well as pay taxes through quarterly self employed taxes paid directly to IRS?

View more questions Search