Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zori06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2010, 10:08 PM
    How long can a company hold my pay check?
    I am an individual contractor for a promotional company. Ive worked for this company since June 2010 on several promotional events and my employer hasn't paid me yet. He has told me several times that he is going to pay me eventually but I feel it is illegal for him to withhold my pay for such a long period. In the state of Massachusetts what is the longest time a company can withhold a paycheck; do the circumstances differ because I am an individual contractor for this company?

Check out some similar questions!

Employer hold pay check [ 8 Answers ]

How long can an employer hold your payroll check after pay period ending?

How long can a doctor hold up paying me a reimbursement for a co-pay? [ 5 Answers ]

I have dual coverage insurance for my daughter so I am not responsible for a co pay but the doctor made me pay $342.50 in co pays. Then my insurance also paid with-in a couple of weeks. That was months ago and I cannot get the office to pay me back, they keep saying it takes time. How long can...

How long do I have to pay off a check written off a closed account [ 4 Answers ]

How long do I have to pay off a check written on a closed account before a warrant is issued?

How long will a bank hold a check for [ 1 Answers ]

I applied for a private student loan over two months ago. It has taken an unbelievable amount of time to process the loan, but Monday my rep called me and informed me everything was complete. She said the check would be sent out in four days and arrive in up to seven days. My concern is how long...

A hold on my tax check [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my kids mother was separated for 6 months in the mean time she filed for food stamps which I was told I would have to pay child support well me and my kids mother got back together and they live with me and now the child support put a hold on my tax check is there any way that I can arrange...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.