Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aggst1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2010, 06:24 PM
    Help removing Grohe kitchen faucet single handle
    I have an older Grohe kitchen faucet with the single handle - Grohe model #33-757 (I looked it up - thanks Tom). I want to replace the cartridge, so I purchases a replacement part # 46048. I am unable to remove the handle. I removed the allenhead type screw, and the plastic washer came out, but from that point on I can't figure out for the life of me how to remove the handle to release the cap so that the valve is exposed. I have slowly twisted and turned the cap and was able to read the part number of the old valve (this is how I knew what part to buy). It seems to me there is another thing I need to do. Hidden screw anywhere? I put the screw back on the handle, but now the cap has come somewhat loose and I can move it at will even though the handle is properly attached. Please help me figure out how to remove the handle.
    George
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 04:35 AM

Hi George...

I looked at the specification sheet on that faucet and it appears that you have done all the right things so I am perplexed by this as well.

I think Milo (another "plumbing expert" here) has worked with a lot of Grohe faucets but he has been away for awhile. I believe he is getting back in almost daily the last few days so I will keep bumping this thread up to the top for him to find. Hopefully, he has worked on the Grohe and can finalize this for you.

Otherwise, you could also call the grohe company and talk to their technical department... should be able to talk you through the steps needed to finish the job... ;)

Here is a link to grohe's american office:

GROHE - Contact GROHE

If you contact them and then send a pic. Through email they can send you a copy of the specification sheet for your faucet or they can resolve it by talking with you on the phone.

Keep checkin' in here until grohe contacts you back because as I said, I think Milo knows tons about these faucets, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help removing Grohe kitchen faucet single handle [ 8 Answers ]

I have an older Grohe kitchen faucet with the single handle. I really don't know which model it is but it looks very close to a Ladylux. I want to replace the cartridge, so I purchases a replacement part # 46048. I am unable to remove the handle. I removed the allenhead type screw, and the plastic...

Help removing Grohe kitchen faucet single handle [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older Grohe kitchen faucet with the single handle - Grohe model #33-757 (I looked it up - thanks Tom). I want to replace the cartridge, so I purchases a replacement part # 46048. I am unable to remove the handle. I removed the allenhead type screw, and the plastic washer came out, but...

How do you remove the Handle from a Grohe Lady Lux Kitchen Faucet? I have included a [ 3 Answers ]

http://www.grohecatalog.com/product/33759g A link to a picture of the faucet above.

How do I take apart the corrego NSF 61/9 single handle kitchen faucet? [ 0 Answers ]

How do I take apart the corrego NSF 61/9 single handle kitchen faucet? The faucet is leaking and I need to fix it.

Dripping Delta Single-handle kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a single-handle Delta kitchen faucet that will not stop dripping. I did some research online and learned to buy a replacement kit to replace the interior workings of the faucet. I have done that, and have replaced every interior part, both O-rings, the springs and seals (which I am told is...

View more questions Search