Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunnuh17 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Pregnant? Help.
    So, I am only sixteen years old. I will be Seventeen in less than three months. I know this sounds bad, but please noo nasty comments, I think that there's a possibility that I could be pregnant, I am scared I don't know what to do. My mother was also a teen mom herself, The first time she had sex she had gotten pregnant, and she was seventeen at the time, I think that being a mom she would understand better and not be mad, but I know she just wants the best for me, How do I tell her if I am?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 21, 2010, 06:02 PM
    I'd tell her now, before you know either way. Tell her you need her advice and that it's important and you value what she will say.
    katt86 Posts: 144, Reputation: 9

Dec 22, 2010, 10:08 AM

I would sit your mum down and speak to her, tell her how your feeling and what is possible. At least then you have some moral support for when you take a test and your mum will also respect your more for being able to confide in her... after all that's one reason that mums are there
    jsje2010 Posts: 62, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 08:29 AM
    Sit down and tell your mom. The worse she will do is cry, but if your not pregnant you should get on birth control unless you want a baby right now.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2011, 08:35 AM

Oh, sweetheart. You need your Mom's help and support through this. With her being a teen Mom herself, she will know what you're feeling and will be able to help you through this.

Even if you are not pregnant, your Mom should know that things are happening in your life, she can help you. Mom's are best at stuff like that - they've been there before.

Talk to your Mom. It's going to be hard, but just sit her down and be honest. There are no special words to say, just tell her what you're feeling, that you're scared, and that you really need her right now.

Then you need to get to a doctor and get a pregnancy test. If you're not pregnant, you should also get tested for ( I hate to say this, but it should be said ) STD's. You never know what can happen. Best to play it safe.

Talk to her. She will help you. Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could you get pregnant off implanon I miss my period could I be pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

I been on the implanon for a year and I miss my period could I be pregnant

My friend is pregnant but the guy who got her pregnant moves on with out her [ 10 Answers ]

My friend lisa got pregnant from her ex and her ex got with lisa old best friend so now she is really loney because her ex is avoiding the situation of her being pregnant. What should she do?

My period is 4 months late and I am not pregnant, can I still get pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, The first day of my last period was 5/22/2010 and it lasted for 5 days. Since then I have not seen a period. I have taken at best 15 home pregnancy test of various brands and they have all come back negative. I even went the length of going to the local health department to have two...

I don't know if I am pregnant I am 9 day late am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know if I am pregnant because I took a pregnancy test and it was -, I have not had my period for going to 10 day I have never been late am I pregnant?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

View more questions Search