Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashokkanth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2010, 02:48 PM
    Roberts Company Income Statement
    Roberts Company prepared the following income statement using the cash basis of accounting:
    ROBERTS COMPANY
    Income Statement, Cash Basis
    Year Ended December 31, 2007

Service revenue (does not include $40,000 of services performed on account
    Because the collection will not be until 2008) $370,000
    Expenses (does not include $25,000 of expenses on account because
    Payment will not be made until 2008) 220,000
    Net income $150,000

Additional data:
    1. Amortization on a company automobile for the year amounted to $6,000. This amount is not included in the expenses above.
    2. On July 1, 2007, paid for a one-year insurance policy on the automobile amounting to $1,800. This amount is included in the expenses above.

Questions
    a) Prepare Roberts Company's income statement on the accrual basis in conformity with GAAP. Show calculations and explain.
    b) Explain which basis (cash or accrual) provides a better measure of income.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2010, 06:16 PM

So what is your question? You have the information needed to turn the cash basis of accounting to the accrual basis of accounting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple-step income statement in good form and retained earnings statement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like someone to check to see if I did this correctly, if I did not then please help. Thanks The Problem is: The following pretax amounts pertain to River Corp. for the year ended December 31, 2008. Sales... $400,000 Operating Expenses... 84,000 Extraordinary gain... 30,000...

How to prepare a muti step income statement for Faith Hill company [ 2 Answers ]

Show me how to prepare a muti step income statement for this company

Income statement, owners equity statement and balance sheet [ 6 Answers ]

Les Fleurs, a boutique in Paris, France, had the following accounts in its accounting records at December 31, 20X2 (amounts in Euros, denoted as "E") Purchases………………... E250,000 Freight In……………… E8,000 Sales discounts…………. 4,000 Purchase returns…….. 7,000 Inventory Sales…………………. ...

Prepare multi-step income statement when company uses periodic inventory system [ 1 Answers ]

Sales $433,912 Sales Returns and Allowances $11,250 Purchases 221,185 Purchases Returns and Allowances 30,238 Freight-In ...

View more questions Search