Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dleonskie Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2010, 06:55 AM
    Cold water pipe is frozen,is it safe to use central heating?
    I have cold & hot water downstairs. No cold water upstairs.Possibly a frozen cold water pipe.Is it safe to use central heating?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 21, 2010, 08:48 AM
    Yes, the warmer the better, the heating system is hot water pipes.
    Go around with a hair dryer on any cold water pipes you can access, with cold water faucets open so you'll know when it's thawed. You don't want a burst pipe. You may have one, but you have to find out now or later anyway. Be prepared to shut off the main in a hurry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen baseboard heating pipe [ 11 Answers ]

I have a rozen base board heating pipe. I don't know where it's frozen. Most of the pipes run along the outside wall but are difficult to reach because of how they are hidden. Is there an easy fix?

Honeywell central heating not working blowing cold air constantly [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, we have a honeywell central heating system. Yesterday it started blowing cold air, and would not stop, even when turned off. When the temperature is set, it will not heat the house, but continues to blow cold air throughout the house. My husband tried to turn it off and was unsuccessful. Please...

Central Heating Unit blows cold air [ 1 Answers ]

My central heating unit comes on but blows cold air. Thought it could be the thermostat but the air conditioner comes on just fine? Any idea what could be wrong with it?

Blocked central heating hot water pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help me out. A brief senario: the hot water comes out of the boiler and then goes through a pump. After this it get split up 2 ways (1) to the radiators which are hot, working and not the problem. (2) The problem path is through a hot water to water heat exchanger tank...

View more questions Search