Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Other Mother Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 10:32 AM
    When can you File Child Abandoment
    Hi I just recently got married and my husband has a 3 year old son, He calls me mom and I do all the motherly things with him. His mother has not tried to see him since his first birthday. She has seen him uptown with me or my husband and stuff like that but she has not tried to make any effort on coming and seeing him or asking how he is doing. I was just wondering how long we have to wait before we can file for child abandoment. We both want me to adbot his son but we want her out of the picture.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Basically you can't. You could only file like that if you had no idea where she was, which is obviously not the case. What you CAN do is request that she relinquish her rights so you can adopt.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 01:13 PM
    You can file a motion with the court for you to adopt him. The mother would have to give her consent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support after child is 18 yrs. Of age [ 5 Answers ]

If there is a court order in a divorce decree that the spouse is to pay child support until the child is 18 yrs. Old or until out of school, but the child support was never received, nor was it taken before Family and Children's services to enforce it to be done, is it possible years later (child...

Child Abandoment [ 1 Answers ]

I just find out today by a threat that my sons father supposing filed charges on me 5 years ago. I f that is true how could he got away with it if me and him still communicated. Can he do that. And if the papers were filed under false information how do I go about fighting it?

When and How do I file Child abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Melanie Simpson I live in Washington State Spokane County and I have a one year old daughter with my ex-boyfriend who has not seen her since she was a month old. HE says he will sign his rights over to me for her but than he falls off the face of the earth for almost a year and now since...

If I file 1040NR, do I file state as nonresident? [ 1 Answers ]

The title says it all-I worked in several states but I am foreigner. Does that mean that I file state taxes as non-resident as well?

View more questions Search