Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexlover Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 03:54 PM
    I am 13 and in 7th grade...
    I am 13 and in 7th grade. I like a 14 year old guy and he is in 8th grade. All he knows about me is that he was a T.A. in my class and that I am in Student Council with him and I came from California. Other then that he doesn't know me. I really like him and people think I don't have a chance because school year will be ending soon and he will be a freshman and I'll be in 8th grade... Do I have a chance and how do I get him to like me?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 04:05 PM

Are there any opportunities for you to be in a group with him and/or talk to him?

("The school year will be ending soon"? Don't you have until May or June to work on this?)
    alexlover Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2010, 02:09 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    The only other group I would be able to be in with him is Knowledge Bowl, but sign ups are over and I don't think he is in it. Yes, I have until June... But time passes very quickly and I am not sure if that would be enough time...
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2010, 02:14 PM

There's always time.

Be yourself whatever happens,he will like you for you or not,whatever happens its more important that your true to yourself.

He knows you exist,the next step is smile and say hello when you see him.

You may not be allowed date by your parents as your only 13 but you could be friends.
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Dec 22, 2010, 05:22 AM

I remember when my daughter was in middle school and high school... The thing is that there are some kids that don't date beneath their grade and some that don't care and DO date younger grades.

The first thing is to determine if he's into dating. Some boys in grade 8 don't date yet (cus they fear rejection... ).

After you figured that out then find out if he would date a lower grade.

Then I would just get a friend to tell him that you like him so that you get on his "radar".

My daughter used to get her friends to do that for her and they got HER to do that for them.

Once he knows you like him then you'll see his reaction to that and go by that to see if it'll go anywhere. Cus if he get a green light and KNOWS you like him it will make him more courageous to risk making a move toward you because he won't worry that you'll reject him.

It's all about rejection for boys. THEY FEAR THAT more than anything.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7th grade [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm going into 7th grade this year (first day of school is the 19th) and I'm REALLY nervous. So if anyone can give me tips/advice it would be great thanks!

Holding our son back in 7th grade [ 30 Answers ]

Hi there. I would like to get some opinions on anyone with expienece in our situation. Our son is in 7th grade , suppose to be going on to 8 th grade and we are considering holding him back, but are unsure yet. Need a little help; Let me give you some back ground; He does have other issues going...

Life Science 7th grade [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: The cell wall of plant cells is made of__________________(lipidsorcellulose)?

7th grade writing [ 1 Answers ]

In school I am totally good at writing but whenever they set a prompt in front of my face my synonym knowledge flutters away from me. If I'm exceptional at writing except for prompts will that hurt my chances in getting in a high Literature class this year?

View more questions Search