Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marytarpley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 11:18 AM
    Selling foreign monies
    My husband served in theUSAirforce, and we have coins from other countries, we want now to sell them to collectors.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 11:55 AM

Are they old, or somehow special ? To have value to a collector ?

But yes , go for it.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Dec 20, 2010, 12:11 PM
    You could try, but in reality - unless they are rare or very old, you won't likely get anything for them. If someone wants to get foreign coins, there are many banks that let you just do a currency exchange to get them.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 20, 2010, 01:20 PM
    Last year Iraq money was selling because it was about to be revalued upward but I can't think of any other currency that would sell now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign Investor -stocks [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know the rules for taxes for foreign investment. My dad who is Indian national/Citizen residing in India would like to invest money in USA stock market. I would like to know: 1>> Taxes- Capital Gain taxes 2>> Tax on divident Can anyone please throw some guidelines on how...

Splitting Foreign Gift [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am about to receive $120K gift from my father who is not a US Citizen and lives in a foreign country. My wife and I file joint tax return each year and we are both US Permanent Residents. The money will be transferred to our joint foreign bank account and then be transferred to our joint...

Using Section 121 on foreign properties [ 5 Answers ]

Hi We (my wife and I) came to the US in 2001 as students (F1 visa). We got our green cards in 2008 but we have filed our taxes as resident since 2006. We have an apartment in our home country, which was our primary resident, and we want to sell it and transfer the money to the US and use it as a...

Inheritance from Foreign Country [ 1 Answers ]

I am inheriting $400,000 from a foreign country (France). Are there tax consequences in the US when I transfer the money? What are the legal requirements for me?

Outsourcing Jobs to foreign countries [ 1 Answers ]

What are the negative effects of Outsourcing the American Jobs to forgein countries? What is Pres. Bushes stand on Outsourcing Jobs to foreign countries? Michelle

View more questions Search