Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fatnaqvi25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 10:26 AM
    How do I do a journal entry for petty cash?
    It says: The custodian of the petty cash fund submits the following receipts for reimbursement and reports a cash-on hand count of $8

Postage stamps used……………………… $38
    United Parcel (transportation-out)……….. 23
    C.O.D postage (transportation-in)……….. 51
    Christmas office decorations………….. 30

Check No, 1601 is issued and cashed to reimburse the fund.

Also how do I do a journal entry for:

31 the payroll summary for the monthly paid employees is submitted so that December checks can be distributed before the year-ends; the details are as follows:

Salaries and commissions……………………. $ 16,000
    Office and administrative salaries……………. 24,900
    Federal income taxes withheld……………….. 7,196
    State income taxes withheld………………….. 1,517
    FICA taxes withheld………………………….. 2,120
    Net pay……………………………….. $30,067

Issued check No. 1603 for the amount of the net pay and deposited it in the payroll bank account. Individual payroll checks were prepared for distribution to all monthly employees by the end of the day.

Employer's payroll taxes:
    FICA tax (all office and administrative)…….. $2,120
    Federal unemployment tax…………………… ---
    Sate unemployment tax………………………. ---

And this one:

Cash sales since December 12 total $22,980
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2010, 11:17 AM

Please read the following announcement regarding the rules for posting homework.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

We'll help you, but you have to show your work so we can see where you are having problems.

For Petty Cash, you could read these previous posts.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/accoun...ed-523778.html

If you have specific questions, we can help you there as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entry and Petty Cash [ 2 Answers ]

On March 20, Batavia's petty cash fund of $100 is replenished when the Fund contains $9 in cash and receipts for postage $52, freight-out $26, And travel expense $10. Prepare the journal entry to recorded the Replenishment of the petty cash fund.

Record transactions in general journal form (petty cash fund) [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. The finals are coming up in two weeks and there is one assignment I'm not sure if I did it right. Would be awsome if anyone could help me. A company established a petty cash fund of $100 on August 1. On August 12, the petty cash fund was replenished when there was $16...

Petty cash fund record in general journal [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, everyone,I have a question:two transactions 1/01 paid $10for fare, authorised by kelly, 31/01 issued petty cash reimbursement. How to record these two transactions in general journal? Thanks in advance

Cash Payment Journal Entry [ 1 Answers ]

How would I post this transaction... Camo Co issued check# 3412, payable to payroll, in payment of sales salaries, $5,320, and office salaries, $3,150. Cashed the check and paid the employees.

Journal Entry/expenses/cash account [ 7 Answers ]

July 1 Bills are sent to clients for services provided in June in the amount of $800. July 8 First Bank loans the company $2,500. The company will pay back the loan in Aug. July 9 Office Supply Corp. delivers furniture ($1,060) and expendable office supplies ($160), leaving an...

View more questions Search