Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atjones_86 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 08:51 AM
    Wireless keyboard stopped working, mouse still works...
    Installed new wireless keyboard, Logitec (one of the lower cost ones). Worked fine for a while, then recently, all typing using the letter/number section of the board stopped working. But the special keys on the outer edge, that open word documents etc. still work, and the mouse works fine. Any idea what this might be and how to fix it...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 20, 2010, 08:53 AM
    Sounds like it needs a new battery and a connection refresh.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 10:38 AM

Had to spread rep CB.

I agree that it probably just needs a new battery and needs to be resync'd!

Dec 20, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Comment on Curlyben's post
    Did both, didn't help...
    Any other suggestions?

Dec 20, 2010, 11:15 AM
    Like I said, the outer buttons on the keyboard like to start word, adjust volume etc, DO work. But none of the regular typing letters or numbers, not on the main or the 10key section, work...

Dec 20, 2010, 11:16 AM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    Did both, didn't help...
    Like I said, the outer buttons on the keyboard like to start word, adjust volume etc, DO work. But none of the regular typing letters or numbers, not on the main or the 10key section, work...
    BossMan

Dec 20, 2010, 12:05 PM
    In that case change the USB port of the receiver and see if that helps.
    If not might be time for a new keyboard.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 05:24 PM

That was my next suggestion as well. I had just replaced one at work that stopped working. The mouse and all continued to work fine but the keyboard just pooped out!

Dec 21, 2010, 05:36 AM
    I would think that too, except for this, and this is what makes it so aggrivating. I plug the same keyboard/mouse setup in a different computer, and it works fine... I was wondering if this could be a CPU or mother-board problem?
    BossMan

Dec 21, 2010, 07:13 AM
    Using a different USB port would confirm if it is indeed a motherboard issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless keyboard/mouse [ 2 Answers ]

A friend of mine just bought a device that allows her to view everything her children are typing on the computer. It is suppose to plug into the usb port. The problem is that the mouse and keyboard seem to be connected to the same port.. if that makes sense... and when she plugs in the device it...

Drivers for Sigma Wireless Keyboard and Mouse [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if someone can find support and drivers for a wireless Sigma keyboard and mouse ( mouse m500 )... HID driver

Wireless Keyboard/Mouse stops screensaver [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A and a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0A on a Windows XP computer with IntelliType and IntelliPoint 5.2 installed for drivers. Whenever I plug in the wireless receiver (there is only the one for the two devices) the screensaver will not come on....

Wireless keyboard / Mouse problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if anyone can offer any help on an odd problem I'm having with a Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse? The receiver has a cable with 2 connectors, the instructions say (for a desktop) connect the mouse ps2 connector into the mouse ps2 port and the keyboard usb connector via the...

Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse problems [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse and have 2 problems: 1. The mouse keeps freezing, I have used the signal connect buttons with some luck and it Will work great for a while before freezing again. A neighbor suggested that CB Radios From nearby truck stop may...

View more questions Search