Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JaneQuintanilla Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Dec 19, 2010, 12:31 PM
    Dont-know-if-im-pregnant-parano
    So me and this guy had sex a week ago and we used a condom, I don't think it broke or anything. We were really close friends and we have had sex a couple times before, but after this time, he just stopped talking to me. I am wondering why. But my body has been feeling really weird and Ive been sleeping a lot more than I usually do. My mom was telling me that when she was pregnant, within the first week she was extreamly tired. My friend was telling me that I might be pregnant and the reason why the guy could have stopped talking to me was because the condom broke and he doesn't want to tell me and just trying to avoid me. I asked him why we haven't been talking since and he just ignored me. I don't have time to go to a clinic or to buy a test. I just want to know if I could have felt the condom break or if there is a chance that I could be pregnant. Thank you (:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 12:39 PM

Even using a condom there is still a chance, while very small they do have a normal failure rate,

And if they broke, then it was no protection at all, and as people normally use them, what little records there are, they estimate about a 10 percent failure rate.

And of course if he knew it broke and would not tell you, to allow you to find or use other birth control, he is not a friend at all.

But your body really should not be showing any signs at this point, and it wll could be stress or depressional from the way this boy is acting.

Thus the reason, if you are not ready to be a mommy, you don't need to be having sex.
    Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 12:49 PM

If all you do is have sex, no talking, no going out and doing other things, if you have limited time together and just do sex now, yes it can ruin a relationship if now it is based on a sexual base and not emotional

Dec 19, 2010, 01:12 PM
    He used me
    This guy that I have known for going on 5 years now, me and him were the best of friends. Then, last year we had sex a couple of times, and just recently had sex. Right after we had sex, he just stopped talking to me. I would try to talk to him and want to just hang out with him, but he would not...
    I just need help moving on because its only been a week since we had sex. I feel so used and abused.

Dec 19, 2010, 01:16 PM
    I think sex can ruin a relationship from past experience. If you are having sex with your boyfriend, then you should make sure that your relationship is not based on sex. Make sure you don't have sex constantly. Switch things up. Like one week, have like a date night and you just go out and have a good time, then the next week just stay in and do what you do. Sex is a very complicated step in a relationship. It can either be a good thing that makes yalls relationship stronger, or it can be the worse thing you decided to do and just completely destroy your relationship. I wish both of you the best of luck!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 01:19 PM

I'm sorry this happened to you. Being best friends makes it even more tragic.

You're going to have to bite the bullet and stay out of his space. I don't know how often life throws you together (class, sports, organization meetings) -- not much or at all, I hope, which will make it easier to avoid him. It will be the hardest thing you've ever done, but it will get easier over time.

Meanwhile, a few sessions with a counselor might help you talk through your feelings of being used and abused. Or vent here. We're good listeners and might be able to offer some suggestions.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 06:13 PM

I don't have time to go to a clinic or to buy a test.
    You better make time for both just to be sure. That would be the mature, safe thing to do. Pregnancy is not something that should catch you by surprise in these enlightened times.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 06:22 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ml#post2637955

he used me
    No he didn't. He is afraid you may have gotten pregnant. Guys think of those things too, you know. He probably is waiting for you to tell him for sure you are not pregnant, and will make sure you don't get pregnant if your not. He is afraid. You both must be pretty young, and maybe to young for sex, certainly for the consequences.

Actually you used each other to be honest. I think he is just a young scared kid.
    Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 08:51 PM

I have tried to combine the 4 different posts to give a better idea what they are talking about
    katt86 Posts: 144, Reputation: 9

Dec 20, 2010, 07:03 AM

I think having a sexual relationship with a friend will never work hun, he may just feel embarrassed about the whole thing. When you say you have not got time to buy a test or visit a clinic I would advise making time because if you end up pregnant you will have to make a whle lot more time for becoming a mum

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know if I am pregnant I am 9 day late am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know if I am pregnant because I took a pregnancy test and it was -, I have not had my period for going to 10 day I have never been late am I pregnant?

I don't know if I am pregnant. [ 4 Answers ]

Had my period 10th of Sept and Oct 2010. Had pain in my belly Friday 22nd Oct which I think I ovulated, had sex 23th and I had a funny little slight pain Sunday 24th. My period come on the Wednesday 3rd Nov 2010 and stopping maybe tonight. I felt like I wanted to vomit so I don't no if I am...

Help I don't know if I'm pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I;m 15teen and me and my boyfriend hade unported sex I have not hade my pd for a mount and a half I've been gaining wight and if I tell my mom I would be sent to milltery school and my dad would kill me If the guy I'm with nows he woundent want the baby but I would but I don't want to be a teen...

I am 17 and I don't know if I am pregnant?don't know what to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17 years old and I had sex with my boyfriend about two weeks ago and the condom fell off.. I have been having flu like symptoms such as my stomach hurting, headache, nausea, and also my areolas are darker then normal.. I don't know how to tell if I am pregnant or when to take a test.. I just...

View more questions Search