Ask
    Kennneth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 06:25 PM
    I need to replace my motherboard,
    what motherboard is compatible with a Athlon 64X2 Dual-Core Processor 6000
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2010, 10:01 AM
    Any AMD motherboard with a socket type of AM2 should be fine. But what other hardware do you have in your computer? What is your power supply? What RAM do you have?

Also, are you sure all you need is a new motherboard? Have you tested the other hardware in another computer? How did you diagnose the motherboard as the only problem? I ask because if it wasn't tested thoroughly, then you could end up replacing the motherboard and run into a cascading effect from there where you need to replace other parts as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace copper with flex-tubing under k-sink, replace faucet [ 13 Answers ]

I need a new faucet in the kitchen. Old lines are copper and sweated in. Can a novice do-it-yourselfer change the copper lines to flex-steel, and put in a new faucet, or do we need a plumber? We are willing to learn.. Where can I find detailed information on how to do it? Step by step?

I want to replace or upgrade replace 50yrold tub faucet on wall [ 4 Answers ]

I want to replace or upgrade replace 50 yrold tub faucet w/2 handle plus faucet on wall, either delta or amer stand. Any product suggestions? Not worried about price.

GE Side By Side.Motherboard or Replace Heater Kit [ 4 Answers ]

About a year after we bought or GE GSS20IBMBWW the fridge section went bad. The GE tech said it was a common problem and replaced something inside the freezer. The coils we frozen beyond belief. Now 4 years later, same thing. I took off the freezer panel and defrosted the coils with a hair...

Motherboard [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one help with my new motherboard? I have bought a MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard and AMD 2.4 XP,1G DDR Ram,80G HHD but when I put all this together and boot it up all, I got was blank screen becase it didn't autodetect my CPU at 133MHz and I can't set it up manually because there no jumper...

View more questions Search