Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tornapartgirl11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 10:18 AM
    Can Sex Ruin A Relationship
    Hi I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 3 years now and we started having sex a year ago well I talked to him the other night and he said that our relationship is suffering so basically our relationship has gone down the hill since we started having sex... how do I fix things between us? Should we go to a relationship counselor? Please help me I don't want to loose the love of my life
    pocahantas Posts: 93, Reputation: 16

Dec 19, 2010, 12:01 PM
    Did he actually say that the sex was to blame or is this your own personal analysis?

If you love him and he loves you then do what you can to save your relationship.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2010, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornapartgirl11 View Post
    so basically our relationship has gone down the hill since we started having sex...
    Hello T:

Sex doesn't usually cause a relationship to go down hill. So, rather than pin the blame on that, I'd look for other stuff. It could be communication, perhaps..

excon
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 12:45 PM

There's more going on than meets the eye. What's your relationship been like during the 3 years?
    Tornapartgirl11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 01:42 PM
    Comment on JaneQuintanilla's post
    Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 05:58 PM

Sex doesn't ruin relationships, people ruin relationships. Either through not communicating, or the change of heart. It only takes one partner to have a change in feelings to help a relationship fail.
    katt86 Posts: 144, Reputation: 9

Dec 20, 2010, 07:06 AM

I definatley agree with the above comments it can't just be sex that has ruined your relationship. Have you ever though that he sees you as more of a friend than a lover and that's why he sees sex as a barrier. I thinj rather than esking us for advice you should sit him down and have a chat as only he has the answers
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 08:01 AM

If all you have is sex, and can't talk, then after the lust wears off, you have nothing.

Lust fades, love grows through caring and sharing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don't want to ruin my relationship with insecurities [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, please help. I have been seeing my current boyfriend for about three months, it's been very intesnse, especially as we work together and he left his girlfriend of 10years to be with me. I had only recently been dumped my my boyfriend of two and a half years and was in a very fragile state...

Parents trying to ruin relationship [ 4 Answers ]

Okayy.. so today I had gotten a preganancy test. My boyfriend and I used a condom though. I just wanted to be on a safe side to check. The results came out negative. So my stepfather who is married to my mom. My stepfather was in my life of the age of 4. Okay he finds the wrapper of the pregancy...

Will sex ruin my relationship or not? HELP PLEASE. [ 7 Answers ]

I've been together with my boyfriend for 2 years. We both really love each other (not being childish or anything) We never had sex, he never pressured me either or anything. But lately we've been thinking about doing it... I honestly think I am fully ready, like absolutely no doubt. But my in...

Will sex ruin my relationship [ 11 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for about a few months now. We've went out and dates and stuff like that. We've kissed and stuff like that. We have become really close and I've been considering to have sex with him. I am a virgin but I'd like my first time to be with him. Do u think that by having...

Am I letting sex ruin my relationship? [ 27 Answers ]

Well Ive been with my girlfriend for about a year now. When we first started going out, things were really physical. She used to be all over me. We live in New York and we'd go anywhere like a yankee game or the park and it didn't matter, she was just focused on me. We didn't have sex until 3-4...

View more questions Search