Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SoConfused_2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 10:15 AM
    I think I have a short in my mouse port on my Desktop.
    My mouse won't work anymore. My computer no longer recognizes the mouse. I tried it on another computer, fine no problem. I just bought this mouse about 6 weeks ago, so I know there is a problem with the computer, keyboard works fine though. How can I fix this problem?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2010, 10:24 AM
    Buy a cheap USB mouse and use a different USB port. Alternatively you can try your mouse on someone else's computer to see if if works well (to test whether the mouse itself isn't the problem).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inputting other hardware in mouse port. [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have my mouse connected to a usb port, the orignal port (round) is not in use. Although I am wanting to connect a camera to it with the same connector. This camera cannot be used with usb but does fit into the orignal mouse or keyboard ports. Is there a way to plug this camera in and...

Replace data/fax port with firewire port [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a dell inspiron 531 computer from costco. It has a TV tuner and a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem. I know the TV tuner uses one of the two available pci slots, but does a data/fax modem use anothwer pci slot? I want to have an open pci slot so I can add a firewire port. If the data/fax uses a...

Short cut keys to clears the software on desktop background [ 1 Answers ]

I need a short cut keys to clear the on screen software before logging in my password and username in any cyber café.

View more questions Search