Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needanswersnow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 09:05 AM
    Deed form for gifting real estate property
    In transferring real estate property title as a gift, what deed form must the donee use and what proof does he need to show the IRS that it's a gift & not a sale ?
    mdnirmal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 07:01 PM
    Go to legal adviser to better consulting
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 26, 2010, 07:11 PM

A Quit claim deed is what is necessary. The giver will have to file a form with their return indicating it's a gift and may have to pay taxes on the gift. A copy of that portion of the return can be given to the recipient.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 07:36 PM

Yes, the person who is giving, can use any main type of deed they wish, quit claim is the easiest and most common but they can do a warranty deed if they wish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What form do I need to transfer a name on real estate property [ 5 Answers ]

My mother is in bad health and she wants to leave the house to me but does not want to transfer it over until last minute and does not want it in the will what form do we need to make this happen

Real estate deed [ 1 Answers ]

How do I transfer a deed to someone else?

How would I complete a real estate deed transfer in TN when property is a gift? [ 1 Answers ]

How would I complete a real estate deed transfer in TN when property is a gift? And what taxes I have to pay in procentage rate?

How would I complete a Real Estate Deed Transfer in Texas when property is a gift [ 1 Answers ]

How would complete a Real Estate Deed Transfer in Texas when the property is a gift to a loved one?

Real Estate Deed [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a home a few months prior to my husband and I getting married. It is in my previous name plus he is not on the mortgage; it's been this way for close to 9 years now. But we are currently seeking a refinance opportunity and were told he must be on the deed to be considered as part of the...

View more questions Search