Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starshadow Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 04:09 AM
    density question pelvis
    can anyone help me figure out what this means? This is an x-ray result.
    4mm density overlying the right pelvis. While I doubt this is due to a PHLEBOLITH, this cannot be entirely excluded. What is a phlebolith. Thanks
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 04:15 AM
    I found this page:

Radiology: phlebolith

Which answers your question, If you need further information just ask and I'll see what I can find :)

Jan 10, 2007, 04:51 AM
    I have already looked there, the whole report says 4mm density overlying the right pelvis, while I doubt this is due to a phlebolith, this cannot be entirely excluded,
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I found this page:

Radiology: phlebolith

Which answers your question, If you need further information just ask and i'll see what i can find :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 04:55 AM
    Star,

You told me they were looking at bladder infection right?

Jan 10, 2007, 05:04 AM
    J
    Yes, and we found out the bacteria they found, was not even treatable with the antibiotics they had her on.

Star

Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Star,

You told me they were looking at bladder infection right?
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 05:12 AM
    What bacteria was it?

Jan 10, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Pseudomonas aeruginosa

What bacteria was it?
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 05:20 AM
    Ouch, pseudomonas. That one is a hard one to pinpoint and a hard one to cure. Did she get the pseudomonas while in the hospital it is usually a hosptial acquired bacteria.
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 05:20 AM
    Oh, yeah, what was the antibiotic again.

Jan 10, 2007, 05:24 AM
    J
    Zinacef while in the hospital and bactrim at home. The manufacturer says that neither one of them is affective in treating that bacteria
    Star

Oh, yeah, what was the antibiotic again.
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Understand that pseudomas is one that is hard to pinpoint. Especially if there are no open sores. Pseudomonas has a terrible odor to it and that is usually how it is recognized.

So, let me think, bladder problems diagnosis of pseudomonas...

Temperature?

Jan 10, 2007, 05:39 AM
    J
    She had a slight temp of 100.2 which is not really high, diagnoses of pseudomonas after being released. Have to go for now, will get back with you later thanks
    Star

Understand that pseudomas is one that is hard to pinpoint. Especially if there are no open sores. Pseudomonas has a terrible odor to it and that is usually how it is recognized.

So, let me think, bladder problems diagnosis of pseudomonas...

Temperature?
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Here is a little info from Medscape on psuedomonas, not completely relavant to your case, but slightly helpful.

A ubiquitous aerobic gram-negative bacterium, Pseudomonas aeruginosa thrives in moist environments such as soil and water. It can be found in large numbers on fresh fruits and vegetables. Human colonization begins in the gastrointestinal tract, with subsequent spread to moist cutaneous sites such as the perineum and axilla. This bacterium is an opportunistic pathogen that rarely causes disease in healthy persons. While animal models suggest that both humoral and cell-mediated immunity are involved in host defense against P aeruginosa, the most important host defense is the neutrophil. Numerous underlying diseases (cystic fibrosis) or predisposing factors (burns, mechanical ventilation) are linked to P aeruginosa infection. However, the clinical risk factor most frequently associated with severe infection is neutropenia."

Neutropenia is an abnormal decrease in neutrophils in the blood. Neutropenia is associated with acute lukemia, infection and more that would not relate to your particular situation, as you presented it to me in your PM.

Pseudomonas is also known as a Nosocomial infection which means it is acquired in the hospital.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oceanography: salinity, temperature & density [ 3 Answers ]

Define salinity, Temperature And density

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

Converting Density [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to help someone out with their homework and I've managed to help her with all kinds of metric conversions. But now I am stuck. The problem is convert 5.3 kg/L to g/cm^3 That's 5.3 kilograms per liter to grams per centimeter cubed.

View more questions Search