Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sxeci Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 19, 2010, 07:01 AM
    Question on net profit a bit confusing to me
    Telpin association ltd made sales of $690000 and had cost of goods sold of $390000. Stock decreased by $15000 and creditors decreased by $9000.operating expenses were $175000.

How much will the net profit for telpin ltd be for the year?

I am doing my calculations but the art that says the stock decreased by $15000 is having me thinking twice and having my answer un sure to me...

I found the gross profit to be $300000 when I subtracted the cost of godds sold from the sales.. and then I subtracted the operating expenses to get the net profit of $125000.. but I'm still here thinking if I should add the stock figure to the COGS and then subtract it to get the gross profit.. im a bit confused can anyone try to help me understand if I should use the stock figure as well.. please thanks
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 09:47 AM

I can see why you are confused. The $15,000 decrease in inventory stock would cause an increase in COGS, but what I'm not sure of is whether the $390,000 already includes the $15,000. Is this the way your question was worded or did you rewrite it? I think you understand fine, but the question isn't clear.
    nhvic1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 04:27 PM
    Comment on Just Looking's post
    Yes that's the way the question is I didn't rewrite it...
    nhvic1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 04:45 PM
    Comment on Just Looking's post
    We have the similar question
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 05:16 PM

If I were you, I'd either speak to the teacher or another student in class and see how they interpret it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company earns 2,000 in net income for October and 10,000 in net sale. What is profit [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone help me answer these questions. 1. A company earned $2,000 in net income for October. Its net sales for October were $10,000. Its profit margin is: a. 2% (answer) b. 20% (answer) c. 200% d. 500% e. $8,000 2. Prior to recording adjusting entries, the Office Supplies account...

Where do I find net sales and net profit off the following balance sheet? [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I find net sales and net profit off the following balance sheet in order to do the ratio analysis; SYKE: Balance Sheet for Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated - Yahoo! Finance

Is net recievable and net profit the same thing [ 1 Answers ]

Looking at the following balance sheet... Is net recievables and net profit the same thing?

Net sales, cost of goods, net profit [ 2 Answers ]

Les Fleurs, a boutique in Paris, France, had the following accounts in its accounting records at December 31, 20X2 (amounts in Euros, denoted as "E") Purchases………………... E250,000 Freight In……………… E8,000 Sales discounts…………. 4,000 Purchase returns…….. 7,000 Inventory Sales…………………. ...

Talked to creditor a bit confusing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I contacted the law firm that sued me. Found some things a bit strange one minute they tell me that there is nothing left to do but go to court, however there is no court date on papers I received. Then she tells me that I can make payment arrangements in order to stop the default...

View more questions Search