Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riosgonzalez Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 05:41 AM
    Dog ate Pork Bone
    My Terrier ate Pork bone and is throwing up now. Haven't seen any diarrea just throwing up.
    What should I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 19, 2010, 07:36 AM
    I know today is Sunday and it may be hard to get to an ER... but try.
    It may be stuck anywhere in his throat or bowel, but at least he can vomit and breathe.
    I assume this is the sharp pork T bone and not an eye - did he swallow it whole or in pieces?
    Feel him all along his underside (carefully, he may be in pain). Sometimes you can actually feel it. I heard of a dog who swallowed a needle and it worked it's way out right through the skin of his belly.
    If he starts trying to defecate and can't, you can be sure it has arrived at his rear. Dog digestion is a lot faster than ours.
    Entice him to drink by adding something tasty to water such as milk or oil.
    Stay with him every second.

Dec 19, 2010, 09:55 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    My dog threw up all night Then pooped and now he is running around and playing.!
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2010, 06:32 PM
    Make her eat some bread to help cushion the intestines. If she's not pooping blood, then there isn't anything to worry about. Keep an eye on her. Dogs are designed to ingest bones. Maybe the bone was too greasy which made the dog sick.

Hope all is well

Dec 20, 2010, 09:54 PM
    Comment on Lucky098's post
    Thank you so much.! No blood yet.!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small chihuahua ate a pork bone [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is a small chihuahua and she was chewing a pork bone. I threw it away and the next day I got home from school and she was breathing heavy, wouldn't move much, shaking and it hurt her to pick her up by her ribs. It's been storming all week so I can't take her to the vet, what should I do? I'm...

My dog ate a pork bone [ 13 Answers ]

My fox terrier ate a pork bone last night and this morning at 6 am he went out to potty and was having trouble pooping. I let him in and out a few times finally when he did go it was in the house and when I cleaned it up I noticed it was hard and had bone fragments in it. Then he started to throw...

Help! My dog just swallowed a pork bone, what should I do? [ 3 Answers ]

So my sheltie just swallowed a pork rib bone about as big as my middle finger and less than one inch long. He's around 25 pounds and is 3 years old. I'm not sure what to do since its very late at night and I'm about to go to sleep so I can't stay up to keep an eye on him. He seems to be acting fine...

My dog ate a pork bone [ 2 Answers ]

My dog ate a cooked pork bone tonight. My dad gave it to her thinking that it was OK because we have given her beef bones and she does good with those. I am worried because I heard that they split and can do a lot of damage. I don't know what to do. She is a lab/beagle mix and about 50lbs. Do I...

View more questions Search