Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keesha290 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Dec 19, 2010, 01:17 AM
    Hubby depression
    Ok, so we are still looking for a home in west cheshire, UK.
    But my boyfriend has officially hit the low.
    He doesn't eat but his smoking amount has become extremely high, he goes to work and comes home every night ranting about all the young girls pushing buggies and toddlers from their homes to the jobcentre and back, he's pale and has got deep eye shadows because he's only sleeping five hours no matter what day. All he does is glue himself to the PC when he is home to try and find properties, both private and council. Every time someone turns us away because of the dogs he takes it personally and rants about it for days. Recently we had a nasty encounter with someone who would take the dogs, but only if we both worked full time ( which I don't) at which point my boyfriend stated quite plainly how could the guy expect his property to remain in one piece if nobody was there to care for the dogs. They were rather obtusive towards each other. This situation has been going on since march and my family are also putting pressure on us to find somewhere because the house is so full (3 bedroomed with 5 people living in it).
    We feel so victimised because we don't have any children, my boyfriend works full time now and I work for Avon for just a few extra quid. Its just the two dogs stopping us but hubby won't give them up and neither will I.
    The situation is just awful, does anybody have any suggestions?
    I have added attachments of the dogs
    Attached Images

J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 01:49 AM

They are beautiful dogs! The larger one looks just like my Rottie/Lab!

Now, it seems you only have TWO choices at this time. Either get a full time job (yes it can be done with two dogs) or get rid of the dogs.

I have 3 large breed dogs and they are home alone daily.

Do you have any family who can take care of the dogs?

You can get a job opposite your boyfriend, or is it husband I wasn't sure since you used both terms. You can be home while he is at work and visa versa. Thus, the dogs will not be alone.

Dec 19, 2010, 02:01 AM
    Sorry, he is my boyfriend but I often refer to him as my hubby to.
    See I don't want a full time job, I only want part time. And my boyfriend works during the day ( 12 - 9pm) so I would therefore be working at night. Also we are hoping to start a family when we move and I want to be able to juggle work and family.
    Sadly my family won't take the dogs, and my boyfriends family hate me, therefore won't help.
    I have discovered it is a problem for many pet owners.
    And the rottweilers a big softy :) as you can see the two dogs are very attached.

Dec 19, 2010, 02:04 AM
    Comment on Keesha290's post
    Oh, and I should mention it's only been one landlord that has offered providing we work full time. The rest have been critics just at the thought of taking dogs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Depression,depression, depression on ex girlfriend. [ 8 Answers ]

After we broke up, I really wanted to forget her and such. More I tried, the more I step a few steps back. Now reminiscing I seriously feel she had cheated on me... and that might be the reason we broke up. It's been like half a year since we broke up but I still can't forget her. One of the reason...

Physical Depression more than Emotional Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hard time getting up in the morning, I feel like I have no energy. I'm not just tired but drained of anything to make me get up. I also have been having a hard time remembering things, dizzy spells, nausea and weakness when lifting things. I do have some emotional depression but not as...

Looking for hubby [ 13 Answers ]

I'm pregnant with a drunk abusive husband I can't find but I miss like hell and wish I could find. His name is p and he means the world to me. We have 2 babies and all I want is to find him. I love him and never have I betrayed him like he chooses to believe. Please help me bring my family back...

Hubby wants me to be with another [ 5 Answers ]

My hubby and I have been together for 15 years, married for 10. We have 3 kids together, ages 8, 4, and 2. I run a part-time business out of our home (with actual business accounting and prep hours is more like full-time employment) plus I care for our three children. My hubby has always had...

How much can an ex hubby get away with? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my question is about a divorce. We divorced in Oct. of 2007. I have custody of our two small children. He was ordered NOT to pay child support for a medical condition that the judge didn't even ask for any documentation on. I have my doubts about this sickness. He was however ordered to...

View more questions Search