Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozoDOP2 Posts: 112, Reputation: 0

Dec 18, 2010, 05:16 PM
    Should you keep positive even when you feel you have a serious injury?
    I've been scared and worried because I recently started having some aweful pain and it's been days and it doesn't go away.

I think I may have something damaged and I don't know if I am ever going to be normal again.
    Should I worry or be positive?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2010, 06:28 PM

You should go to the doctor. There are very few injuries which won't respond to the proper treatment, but many that won't clear up on their own.

Once you've been diagnosed and had treatment prescribed, a positive attitude can help you recovery, but make sure you get the treatment.

What sort of pain is it?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 18, 2010, 06:30 PM

Is this the pain you are speaking of?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medica...is-535094.html

If so, it will go away.

Dec 18, 2010, 06:52 PM
    Yes that's the pain. But at that time I thought it was Costochondritis just because the inexperienced PA said that to me and ignored me. But I told her I have had an old injury for 10 years that up to now has hurt really bad ONLY when I do fast punching(exercise) and pushups(exrcise) thus I stopped doing those two things since like 3 years. This time, about 1.5 weeks ago.. I didn't do any of that but upon waking up from sleep I got this pain and now it doesn't go away.

And this pain is really aweful. Deep penetrating sharp pain in center of chest when I do sudden fast movement involving the chest. ANd at night when I lay down and sleep I wake up and my chest feels like it's totally sprained... It's very bad.

So far, during the day when I wake up it gets better and tolereable but still the sharp stabbing pain is there if I move fast.

At night I get the stiff... tight... and tearing pain . Yesterday I fell asleep and woke up and my middle of the chest was soooo stiff and painful. And no not stiff as when it's sore. It's stiff as in sprained like totally broken.

Dec 18, 2010, 06:54 PM
    I said that now when I do fast quick movements I get aweful pain. But I meant slightly fast like just turning my head or opening a door even slowly.

J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 18, 2010, 06:59 PM

Have you had a cold recently where you have been coughing a lot?

Dec 18, 2010, 07:45 PM
    No I haven't. The only thing I did the I noticed a few days before... is that I was waking up with sore chest. But it wasn't bad. It was just light soreness.

Also the day before this happened I lifted 10 pound weights on each arm.. my arms in front of me and held position.

That's all. But I'm not sure if any of that caused it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2010, 07:46 PM

Hello c:

Don't worry. Be happy.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2010, 07:59 PM

Keeping a possitive attitude does not mean you don't use common sense and see a doctor when needed.

People with one year to live and seeing the doctor every week, often keep a positive attitude.

Please don't confuse lack of common sense to know when to see a doctor, with being "up beat"

Dec 18, 2010, 08:03 PM
    "Keeping a possitive attitude does not mean you don't use common sense and see a doctor when needed."
    YOu're right but it sucks doctors are not free. And not allof us have insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things are changing, I feel annoyed. I feel uncapable of feeling any kind of emotion. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now, and I liked him for another 7 months before we started dating. Everything has been splendid besides a few ups and downs we have worked through together. In the past month though, I noticed my feelings for him were not as strong, and this both scared...

Can a couple who both o positive have 1 o negative and 1 o positive baby [ 1 Answers ]

I am o negative and so is my ex husband we have 2 children together my little boy is o positive but my little girl is o negative is that possible please really need an answer because my ex isn't claiming her because his wife says there's no way she's his because of her blood type and I never...

My breast feel tender my period was short I feel a pulse in my stomach [ 1 Answers ]

My period lasted only three days but only one was normal the other two were really light I can feel a pulse in my lower stomach my mom had her period for four months when she was pregnant with me could I be pregnant

I am 34 weeks pregnant and I can not feel my baby's movement I just can feel kicking [ 2 Answers ]

I am 34 weeks pregnant an I can not feel my baby's movments I just can feel kicking for 5 times aday only is it normal or there is aproblem?

I just had a blood test ANA positive SS-b for sjogren's slightly positive [ 7 Answers ]

Does this mean I definitely have Sjogren's?:confused:

View more questions Search