Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juanbellon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 04:25 PM
    Recording programs from u-verse to a dvd recorder/player
    I am suscribed to ATT u-verse service. I recorded about 75 programs that I would like to
    Keep. Since I am moving to a place where ATT does not service with u-verse, how can I
    Record all these programs to view them on my LG hdtv when I move. Thks. Juan
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2010, 03:23 PM

You will have to purchase some sort of converter and software program to store these videos on your computer. Then you will have to convert the movie/tv files to DVD files and burn them to DVD's to play on your TV. This involves two different software programs to accomplish what you want to do and a lot of time. Just converting video files to burnable DVD files can take many hours. To convert a 2 hour movie to a DVD burnable file takes me about 7-8 hours depending on the size of the file. Hope you have lots of time on your hands to do this with.

If you would like a downloadable site that you can download movies and TV shows from and then convert to DVD's try Graboid.com. I have a $15 a month subscription and have downloaded a zillion movies and TV shows over the past 3 years. I then use AVS4YOU video converter (you can buy a one time lifetime subscription for about $59) and use the video converter to convert movie files to DVD's. I just buy blank DVD's by the 100 spindle bundle and burn movies and TV shows to watch later. Have a movie collection of over 400 movies. Graboid is one of the best download sites that does not play games and lets you know if the movie works and how big it is. You can get a free trial subscription as well to see if you like it. I also download my allotted 50,000K per month and then throw a lot of my unburned movies onto my exernal hard drive to burn later. This frees up my computer memory space. Also, Graboid adds new stuff every day and stuff stays on their site for about 300 days giving you plenty of time to download and view. And no, this is not a commercial for Graboid. I have tried at least 4 other movie download sites in the past and found them to be just poor copycats of Graboid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Connect DVR + VCR + DVD player +DVD recorder and switch box [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I had this with maybe the dvd player and the vcr but now I'm stuck and cannot find manual for the dvd recorder. I have too many wires and too many electronics Result I would like, in the ideal world, is to have my dvd recorder to have the ability to record old VHS and DVR and other DVDs. ...

How do I hook up my dvd recorder to record my dvr programs [ 1 Answers ]

Hooking up dvd/vcr recorder to a TV with digital cable

DVD Player/Recorder [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a DVD Player that has the capability of "recording" at the same time. Can anyone help me find a quality (proven) device? I would appreciate hearing your recommendations! Thanks. Ponton

View more questions Search