Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeoki Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 02:01 PM
    Do I need a new motherboard and processor?
    Here is my problem with my Velocity Micro desktop.
    - Two of my USB ports on the back of my PC are acting funny.
    - If I put anything in them while the computer is already on the two USB ports work fine.
    - If I turn my computer off or restart my computer it will sit at the vendor name or Microsoft loading screen when I boot it up if something is plugged in those 2 USB ports.
    - Lastly if I do not remove whatever I put in the 2 usb ports when I shutdown the PC I just sit on the shutting down screen.

I don't know how to get into the BIOS and everything else on my computer is fast and work just fine while it is one. I user a driver update program so all my devices are up to date and I use Auslogics Boostspeed program to keep my computer maintained for errors.

So what do you think? Motherboard quitting on me slowly? Not a computer savvy but, it would be my guess since I have no clue why it would act funny like that.
    jeoki Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 02:05 PM

Here is my specs for my PC:
    C:\Program Files\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp\(Jeoki-PC).html
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2010, 10:05 AM
    First off, quoting a file location on your computer does not give us the specs of your PC.

Secondly, are you sure it just sits there? If you have Legacy USB support enabled or on auto (which is the default) many devices can cause your computer to take a LONG time to boot up when plugged into the USB. Usually this is the case with external hard drives.

When the computer is booting, you should have an option to press a button (usually Delete), to enter "Setup" or what is called the BIOS. In here, you should see an option for USB settings or similar. Look for an option to turn off the Legacy USB support. Now, keep in mind that you probably won't be able to use your keyboard if it is connected through USB. So if your computer starts up after a crash and gives you some options, like booting into safe mode, you won't be able to use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select what you want.

Though, I am not 100% sure that this is your problem. What devices are you trying to keep connected? Let us know if this works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Processor server trying to serve me [ 3 Answers ]

There is a processor server pretty sure it is chase. He has come a couple of times to try to serve legal documents. I told him that party doesn't live here. He came back a 2nd time and said that the cars in this yard have his name on it. I still said he doesn't live here. Is it legal that they...

Motherboard [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, my dell Inspiron 9300 is acting up again, the power supply cord which is a female plug will not stay tight into the port. So the screen flashes bright and dim as it goes from AC to battery. It does the same thing on my AC and my DC supply. So it is not the exterminal plug it is the plung...

Motherboard came from? [ 1 Answers ]

I was given this light brown and light ornge colored M.B. that says P4SD(or O)-LA. Any idea what it came out of?not much else on it (it has a : mPGA478B).I need to look up the manual on it.HELP! PLEASE!

Motherboard [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one help with my new motherboard? I have bought a MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard and AMD 2.4 XP,1G DDR Ram,80G HHD but when I put all this together and boot it up all, I got was blank screen becase it didn't autodetect my CPU at 133MHz and I can't set it up manually because there no jumper...

View more questions Search