Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadface Posts: 154, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2010, 07:01 AM
    Sister in law
    To give you all a brief idea... my husband and I get on very well with his sister...
    We live in different countries and a few weeks ago we went to visit his family..
    His sister was so excited to see us and meet our little one...

She invited us to sleep at her house a few times and we did..
    We had to sleep on a matress in her living room as she has no spare room... one morning (on my husbands birthday) she came down the living room moody as ever with us because my husband was still sleeping and she had to walk over the matress to get to the kitchen!

That afternoon she completely blanked us both while she was doing house work.. I washed up all her dishes, walked her girls to school and help her wrap presents.. my husband picked her girls up from school and slept the afternoon...

She didn't speak to us!
    So that evenin I asked her wats wrong and she said nothing with teary eyes!

So I left it at that.

Now we are back home.. so I've decided to email her and ask her again and she ignores my mails!

What should I do? I getting pretty pissed off at her myself now!

Dec 18, 2010, 08:59 AM
    Anyone? No tips ***?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2010, 09:06 AM

This site isn't a chat room. Members come and go throughout the day, so you may have to wait for a while to get a reply.

What is going on with your sil may have nothing to do with you. You say she was excited about your visit. Please give her the benefit of the doubt and just carry on as normal. She may have a personal struggle going on or something with her husband. We just don't know at this point. Continue to be friendly and don't nag for details.

Dec 19, 2010, 01:11 AM
    Ok sorry!
    Thanks anyway..

Dec 19, 2010, 09:37 AM
    But I think it is personal because even on her Facebook page she is talking and commenting normally to her friends and rest of the family! Wouldn't u take that as personal??

Dec 20, 2010, 07:52 AM
    But I think it is personal because even on her Facebook page she is talking and commenting normally to her friends and rest of the family! Wouldn't u take that as personal??
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 07:54 AM

Write something cheery and Christmas-y on her Wall.

Dec 20, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    But should I really? I have mailed her twice and no reply! I also had a family tragedy happen and she STILL didn't bother to mail me and ask how I am! Its upsetting me really and I don't like what I'm seeing in her! :(
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 08:10 AM

So what do you think you should do?

Dec 20, 2010, 08:14 AM
    I personally want to ignore her because I think I have tried twice and she is blankly ignoring me.. however we always got on so well - it's a shame... I think she should be woman enough and tell me what her problem is.. not ignore me like a child... But then again I don't want to look desperate and ask her again! But this childish attitude bugs the hell out of me!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 08:24 AM

Maybe she is really ticked off about something and would rather ignore you until she has calmed down.

No one else would have a clue what is going on?

Dec 20, 2010, 08:26 AM
    My husband asked his mum and she said that his sister said she got pissed off because he remained asleep when every one got up in her house to go to work at 8am.. bare in mind this was his birthday and we were on holiday and she invited us to sleep at her house!
    Both my husband and I are baffled at what her reasoning is... when we stayed there I helped her out with her dish washing, picked her girls up from school and helped her wrap presents.. but husband slept loads in afternoon.. but is that a reason to be pissed... he was on holiday and deserved a rest!
    She is pissing me off by acting this way now!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 08:33 AM

You said he was sleeping in the middle of the traffic pattern and she had to leap over him while getting ready for work. Of course, she put you there for sleeping, and this is her brother? If that's the case and that's all she's upset about, it seems pretty petty.

What if you PMed/emailed her something like, "I miss you! Can we be friends again?" Or won't you do that?

Dec 20, 2010, 08:35 AM
    Yes its her brother (my husband)! But she knew she would have to leap over us to get to kitchen she can't expect us to be get up at the crack of dawn, can she? No I won't mail her because that again is childish to me, we are all adults here! If that's the reason why she is annoyed I think she should get over herself
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 08:39 AM

Well, then. Nothing will get fixed if you refuse to be the "bigger" person in all this. You're going to end up acting just as childish as she is, like two little girls with their backs to each other, refusing to play together. Please post here again once something gets resolved. I'd like to hear how this ends and what was going on in her head.

Dec 20, 2010, 08:45 AM
    I fully agree with what your saying.. you are right! But I tried twice... and she ignored me... so why should I try again?

Dec 20, 2010, 08:48 AM
    And I will keep you posted.. thanks for listening to me vent :P

Dec 22, 2010, 05:29 AM
    wondergirl.. I have listened to your advice and mailed her again saying - are you ignoring me and my mails? X

now lets wait and see...

Dec 22, 2010, 05:38 AM
    Comment on sadface's post
    Her quick answer was :- Nooo why would I do that?? Am really busy at mo, will mail after Xmas when I have more time. Hope all k. Xx

Dec 22, 2010, 08:39 AM
    Comment on sadface's post
    I answered saying why I thought that and she didn't answer!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sister-in-law [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have been married now for 11 months to wonderful husband (at times) I like to have fun, joke around etc.. However a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, my sister in law said they would being going out for dinner instead of cooking, (she and her husband lives with my mother-in-law). I...

Demanding Sister in Law (brother-in-law wife) [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since I got engaged to my fiancé his brother's wife has not stopped making comments about me. Initially it was about my weight, which I admit was a problem, but I have since lost it. Then she began talking to my parents about how much more I am getting from the family in wedding presents etc...

A ? About my sister in law [ 8 Answers ]

My sister in law is in her 20's and about 36weeks pregnant and she been having blood problems they said something is wrong with her immune system and today they told her she has lupus what can this do to her and her baby and what can happen even after she has the baby thanks for the help

My ex sister-in-law [ 1 Answers ]

I'll need all the help I can get with this one. My parents wanted to buy a house and because of credit reasons, in trust they had my brother buy the house. My brother turned around and also put his wife's name on title. For many years we were trying to get her to sign the title over to no...

I don't like my sister-in-law [ 1 Answers ]

I don't like my sister-in-law:mad:

View more questions Search