Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shak786 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 01:27 PM
    Loneliness
    How, what is the best method, routine. To help deal with emotional pain?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 01:28 PM

What is the source of the pain?

Dec 17, 2010, 01:34 PM

I feel as if I'm isolated. I have 3 sisters and a mother. Only male in the house. I have loads of friends, but feel as if I can't come to terms with them. The kind of guy, who always hinds behind his smile. Don't think I've had the best child hood growing up. But at times when I'm like this on my own. Always, at times have sudden rushes of emotions. I tremble all over the place when I get emotional, just can't seem to cope with feelings it seems.

What kind of pain, I think the answer is; I feel that the only person I got, my best friend is me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 01:42 PM

How old are you?

Dec 17, 2010, 01:43 PM

I'm 18, 19 soon.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shak786 View Post
    i feel that the only person i got, my best friend is me.
    Well, now you've got us too. We're here to help.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 01:46 PM

Is there some way to meet with a counselor and talk through this pain, plus get some goals set?

Dec 17, 2010, 01:48 PM

Thanks. That was very nice of you to say. Very appreciated.

I don't understand, can't come to terms it seems. With how to move forward.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 01:52 PM

Are you normally a shy person?

Have things changed lately for you, or has this been going on for a long time?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 02:04 PM

I'm not sure what you mean when you said "come to terms."

Dec 17, 2010, 02:04 PM

No I wouldn't say I'm shy. I have loads of friends.

I'm the kind of guy women would want to sit and talk to, it seems. I got anger issues, real real bad anger issues. I'm very mysterious, people always state, "you need to come out the shadows sooner or later". Not many people know much about me. My friends, we have laughs and hang around a lot at times. But not any of them know my surname, or birthday or etc.

At times, I think it's the pain. From what mother and father put me through. The harder that I try, its like the more it back fires on me. Hence, this illustrates to mould me into the way I am.

I haven't got bipolar. Every one always states they, they can never have a bad day when I'm around. I just feel this empty gap inside of me?

Or am I just thinking too much and the simple factor is that, I'm just hurting inside from events, the way my life is formatted out in front and behind me?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 02:06 PM

How is your life formatted in front of you?

Dec 17, 2010, 02:16 PM

I stated earlier I only have three siblings, all sisters. Therefore at times, the mountain of pressure is on me.

I try to picture spending my life with someone, but I feel as if it will never be. I have an ocean of people around me and access to, but yet I feel it will always be me. A loner in certain ways. Don't think I've had anyone to ever fully understand me. Share the burden, to take that bullet rather than me.

Me and my mom argue like hell. She's hurt me and I know I've hurt her it seems, in return. Been 2 weeks we haventspoken to each other. And I think about it all the time. But its not me that needs to change its her. And I know as time goes on, ill be the one to look after her. But I can't do it, like this. Her being the way she is.

Just really think I need someone to fully relate to. I think that's the missing key?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 02:39 PM

You need a good friend or a girlfriend, sounds like -- someone you can depend on, someone you can trust, someone who will help you when you have questions about things.

Meanwhile, you're holding in a lot of anger, maybe against your parents, in particular? Why are you angry toward them?

Dec 17, 2010, 02:49 PM

not a girlfriend. I've had my fair share of women, I have a close friend who's a female. But girlfriend a na na for me.

actually pondering on what you remarked, maybe your right? But I can't be bothered to get into a relationship I just want that special someone there to share the burden?

heyy is it all right if I private message you about my parents. Really don't want random people to know. Cause I don't want sympathy?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shak786 View Post
    not a girlfriend. ive had my fair share of women, i have a close friend whos a female. but girlfriend a na na for me.

actually pondering on what you remarked, maybe your right? but i can't be bothered to get into a relationship i just want that special someone there to share the burden?

heyy is it alright if i private message you about my parents. really dont want random people to know. cause i dont want sympathy?
    We're not supposed to take the thread into a PM, but in the interest of confidentiality... hmmmm... I'll arm wrestle with the mods if they give us grief. Also, let's continue with some of this that can be public, just so it can help others who read it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loneliness all around [ 4 Answers ]

I am a young women/ girl, I have bin feeling lonely for as long as I can remember, I don't have any friends, No social life, No boyfriend, I have even strated thinking really horrible thoughts, feel lost all the time and as though I need reassurance to make sure I doing thing the correct way :( HELP

Loneliness Can Be Contagious ! [ 21 Answers ]

Is this a true fact? Please share your experiences.

Loneliness. How to solve it. [ 3 Answers ]

My ex and I broke up about 4 1/2 months ago. I had a really hard time letting go, but the last month and 1/2 have been really good. I've cut off all communication (well he basically did it for me, but I haven't tried contacting him myself for a while). I've been taking a lot of time for myself...

Killing loneliness [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone,haven't posted in like 8 months cause I've worked out a few issues I had.Pretty confindent I've confronted these demons,but that's where my new problem start. Im now finding myself to be feeling pretty lonely these days.Well not 24/7 but when I have my personal time,I find myself...

Overcoming loneliness [ 1 Answers ]

I've been single for a very long time and have no friends so rarely leave the house except to go to work or to go shopping. How can I meet people who want ot meet me back? Any help appreciated - I'm nearing giving up hope.

View more questions Search