Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 08:43 PM
    How can history be tracked
    I would like to know if there is a way to track internet sites that have been visited, even when the history is cleared.
    TechSupport Posts: 43, Reputation: 5

Jan 23, 2007, 07:44 AM
    I think you're looking for the quick answer, which is no. Once you've cleared the browser history, that information is (intentionally) gone.

There are other ways, though. Some cable modem/DSL router devices will keep a log of the sites that are visited and email it to you when the log gets full. You can also use an Internet proxy service that you go through to get to every web page, and you might be able to get logs from that service (this will typically cost money).

Hope this helps.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Read about Index.dat:
    Index.dat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

History [ 1 Answers ]

According to Ban Zhou, as a baby, women in ancient China should learn all of the following except: A her duty to marry for her family. B her inferior position in life. C her duty to be hardworking. D her responsibility for the details of ancestor worship. Please Help

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

History [ 2 Answers ]

According to what I have learned, the X in the old spanish had the sound of the english H, or the spanish J, for that matter. That is why Mexico is pronounced Mejico and not Mecsico. The same thing goes for Texas and Don Quixote. Can you tell me what sound the J had in spanish before this...

History [ 2 Answers ]

Nezahualcoyolt was considered an outstanding leader for all of the following except:

History! [ 3 Answers ]

Ananda Pillai's description of the Christian's dinner party pointed to which wrongdoing of the host? A - He tried to convert guests to Christianity. B - He served European food only. C - He invited members of other religions although he was a convert. D - He invited members of all levels of...

View more questions Search