Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azirajai Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 09:08 AM
    Would God take away your loved one as a punishment for not being grateful?
    I have this guilty feeling that God took my husband because I was not grateful to what I had. I did not appreciate him in words as much as he liked and deserved. I did, really did, my part as a housewife as best as I could but never was able to show my love in words and in the last couple of years he had the impression that I am not happy with him. I confess that many times I thought that the "neighbours grass were greener " but never ever thought that it was his fault. I knew that he could not do more and always blame myself not being able to take some pressure from him. It was all due to the deppression that I had since 2 years ago, I blamed myself for everything and was worried about everything. At the end it affected my behaviour and he got the wrong impression.
    Sorry if my talks are mixed up. I have so many mixed thoughts that I love to get some answers for them. Unfortunately there are no breavement group in our area and it is hard to put all the thoughts in writing. I appreciate any help. Thanks. Azi
    welearn Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2010, 09:25 AM
    Absolutely not my dear. God does not punish, but Satan kills steals and destroys. Give credit where credit is due.
    God is Love, His character is love and he loves you as much right now as he did the day you married your husband. The King of King and the Lord of Lords loves you unconditionally no matter what. If he punished us for everything we all did, the world would not exist. He may correct you so you can grow by allowing you to see your wrongs and repent of them, but the guilt and condemnation you feel is NOT of God, but of the devil himself. Don't be deceived. Jesus is at the door, all you have to do is open it and his arms are waiting there to hold you and comfort you. Blessings and Merry Christmas!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2010, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by azirajai View Post
    Would God take away your loved one as a punishment for not being grateful?
    Hello a:

If there IS a god, I don't think he's a killer. And, if he is, who'd want to worship somebody like that?

excon
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 18, 2010, 05:31 AM
    You are not being punished, by anyone.

When you lose someone you love, a grieving period happens, naturally, for all of us. Nobody can escape the heartache that we face, after they are gone.

You cannot be faulted for his death, nor are you responsible for it. If you could go back in time and change what you see as mistakes you made, or realize the faults you had, it would still not have affected the outcome.

It is all a part of being human.

But being human, we make mistakes, we go through life being unable to avoid the pitfalls and heartache that simply being human, involves. To blame yourself, or think you are being punished because you did not appreciate your husband as much as you could have, is not the same as being responsible for his death. And it does not mean that you are being punished for having faults, making mistakes, or being less than human, just like the rest of us.

We could all strive to be perfect, and we all wish we could go back in time and do things differently. Accepting that you did the best you could, and accepting that nothing you could have done would have changed the outcome, try to realize that it was something that, no matter what, would have happened anyway.

I think had it been you that had passed over, instead of him, he too would have been lamenting the mistakes he made. Would you want him to take on the burden of feeling that he was being punished for not being more grateful toward you, when you were alive? Would you want him to feel responsible for your death, because he needed to be punished for the faults he had?

I hope that in time, you will accept that this burden, is not yours to carry. The guilt you feel will eventually ease, and you will feel more accepting of his death, as just a natural part of life. Not caused by, or a result of, anything you did.

Take good care of yourself Azi.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Remembering and feeling grateful [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I was just listening to some music I wrote 9 months ago (at time of break up). Wow, I was hurting. I don't even recognize myself but there I was in pain and at the peak of my heartbreak. I just wanted to thank everyone here for everything they do. Also, stick with NC new people. It...

What, at least, 3 things are you grateful for? [ 8 Answers ]

Thanksgiving day is coming soon in the USA So... Here are some of mine….. 1. I’m grateful for a God that loves us so much that He gives us the opportunity to join Him in Hid kingdom of heaven in a life after this mortal one. 2. I’m grateful for all the blessings and graces He has given to my...

English to sanskrit translation for 'be grateful' [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm hoping someone can translate the phrase 'be grateful' Into sanskrit for me. I understand it may not be possible to Be word specific, and if that is the case could you please Give the words that would convey the same sentiment? It is for my dear friend's memorial service, it was...

Song Grateful [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the artisit that sings the church song grateful

View more questions Search