Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    callmemom Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 08:20 AM
    If I put an electric fireplace will it make my electric bill go up really high?
    So I want to go and buy an electric fireplace for my house but I don't want my electric bill to sky rocket, I mean I would expect it to go up a little, so does anyone know?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2010, 08:26 AM

Won't do a thing to the electric bill... unless you turn it on.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2010, 10:09 AM
    Those FP's typically have a dual 750/1500 watt heater. So if you run it at 1500 Watts that's 1.5KW/hour. What is your KW cost where you live? Usually 6-10cents per KW, multiply by 1.5=>90c-$1.50 per hour.
    callmemom Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 06:03 PM
    Ok ma well thank you I just went onto my electric companies website and figured it all out.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2010, 09:00 PM
    Comment on callmemom's post
    At 1$ per hour and 5 hours per day=$150 per month. You can "tip" me by clicking "YES-Is this helpful" on my answer. Thanks, Brian
    john_cat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 10:28 PM
    Yes, it will but you can save if you choose the right fireplace for you. Buy those that are capable of true zone heating. I found this electric fireplace here in demo to give you some idea about it. These guys are talking about heating just the room you're at so you can save on your electric bills. It's true, plus you don't spend much on maintenance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Geothermal air thermostat turning on/off a lot, electric bill is very! High! [ 4 Answers ]

Our house is 6 months old (3400 sq. ft.) and has the latest in eco effiency, we live in VA. We use PROPANE cooktop, clothes dryer, and hotwater system. When the hot weather came our electric bill almost doubled. People with older homes and more sq. ft. saided their electric bills were almost a...

Gas bill is high/electric portion low [ 7 Answers ]

Hello my Gas bill is high $500/electric portion low $132 I have a gas furnace and I run 2 1500 watt heaters. I was thinking of converting to electric furnace.. so gas will be $0 or $45. Only water and heat run on gas in south jersey in my house and it is out of control... Any opinions?

Hate electric fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

We have recently purchased a new construction home, we did not design it, but we loved everything about it BUT the Electric Fireplace. We would like to change it out and have been doing a lot of research about Alcohol Burning fireplaces, does anyone have any experience with these? In theory,...

Electric fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

My electric fire place heats up for only 5 minutes or so. Is it the thermostate and how do I change it

View more questions Search