Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellymavis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 04:16 AM
    Ceiling in bedroom is cracked, damaged beam in loft above,
    I went up in my loft to get xmas tree down, as I was stepping on the beams I noticed one went down as I stepped on it, have got loads of cracks in my bedroom ceiling below. I'm worried. I live in a rented property from a housing association. What do I do, and am I worrting for nothing?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2010, 05:26 AM

Worst case scenario, if beam weight is too much for s/r to hold, some of s/r could fall down. Notify the association that there is a broken ceiling beam above your bedroom. They are responsible for structural framing.

Be sure to remove anything stored in attic away from that area.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have codensation forming on bedroon ceiling only after laying loft insulation. [ 1 Answers ]

Condensatio is forming on bedroon ceiling. Loft is insulated

Cracked ceiling [ 9 Answers ]

I live in a modular with no way to get to the attic/crawl space. My ceiling has cracked down the seam. Need advice on how to fix

Cracked artex ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

I put my foot through a ceiling,not all the way through I just cracked the plaster below.I tried to glue the crack in the bedroom ceiling but it didn't work and the crack is now spreading . What can I do to repair this ,the ceiling has a pattern in artex on it .

Need to know how to Replace a termite damaged beam in basement. [ 2 Answers ]

Need to know how to remove a damaged termite damaged beam in basement wall stud.

View more questions Search