Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hibou Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Dec 17, 2010, 01:41 AM
    ' File Not Found ' Malfunction
    Windows XP/ Default Browser Firefox/ Also have Internet Explorer.
    I frequently access internet direct via a Launch Program (such as 'Launchy')without opening a browser.
    I now find that each time I access internet direct via the Launcher with neither browser open and also if I access via the Launcher with IE open I get a ' File not Found ' message although the file then opens normally.
    However if I access via the Launcher but with Firefox open I do not get a 'File not found' message.
    I have verified that the cause is not in the launcher by reinstalling an even installing an alternative Launcher but this annoying problem remains.
    hibou Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2010, 03:36 AM
    Comment on w_smith_29's post
    Thanks. In meantime today changed default browser from Firefox to IE /problem gone .It would seem to indicate that Firefox is the cause ,probably since latest update.May try reinstall Firefox before contact idjinni. Too busy now, Merry Xmas w_s

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biosinfo.inf file not found, error code 4100 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got an old extra pc which I'm trying to test a copy of xp on, I've got win xp boot disk(s) and win xp cd. It gets to inspecting computers hardware configuration and then stops and displays the error code. Any suggetions would be great, Thanks

False "file not found" messages [ 0 Answers ]

My PC is Windows XP, principally I use Firefox but also have Internet Explorer,and I use a program called ' Engage ' which is a Start Menu Organizer/Launcher which is a more comprehensive equivalent to ' Launchy ' which I have also used in the past. Quite suddenly, a few days ago, I began to get...

Windows\services.exe file could not be found [ 1 Answers ]

hello dear all! When windows logged on, this message appears "windows cound not find c:\windows\services.exe file when I clicked OK twice it loads. What is the problem with windows and remove this message? Thanks

Error 1311: source file not found C:\downloads\Office1.cab. [ 2 Answers ]

When I try open word or any office file I get the following messages 'preparing to install'... 'configuring Microsoft office xp professional with frontpage'... And then 'error 1311: source file not found C:\downloads\Office1.cab verify the file exists and that you can access it' Word...

Laptop With Avg Anti Virus Found A Change hosts file [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have a laptop that I think is still infected with some sort of malware. AVG has found (and I think removed) the following: Trojan horse SHeur.AZZX in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.laptop\Local Settings\Temp\comsvr32.exe.bak Trojan horse Generic8.ACMU in...

View more questions Search