Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shibby Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Messed up big time
    I'm 17 years old and my best friend and I fell in love about 3 and a half years ago. I was 14 turning 15 at the time and she 16 turning 17. The only problem was we had to keep our love a secret because if her parents found out she wouldn't be allowed to go to uni. So after dating for a about a year we fell in love and eventually she went to uni in london. After almost a year of being apart, I couldn't take it so I quit high school during my A levels to come to london to study so I could be with her. After a couple of months we just started fighting way too much and ended up taking a break and just breaking up... which I can honestly say, the fighting wasn't all my fault... but the breaking up was.

Its been 6 maybe 7 months since we were last together and I'm still in love with her... but she's moved on... but complicated as it is, we're still best friends... she knows I want her back but says she wants to concentrate on uni and she says she justs want to be friends... but whenever I ask her, do you think we will ever be together, she says I don't know instead of just a straight up NO... im trying everything in my power to get her back... :( :( :( :( :( :(

Any suggestions?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 10:17 PM
    Let her go. She has moved on and wants to focus on school. But she doesn't want to hurt you, otherwise she would say, "NO". And leave it at that. She's trying to cushion the blow. Move on.

Mar 13, 2008, 10:21 PM
    See I don't really think she's moved on all the way, I see her at least once a week cause even though I'm in london I still live an hour away from her. She wants to be friends for now, (quoting her) and she says maybe later we can be together again... stuff like that.

I stayed at her place the other day, still gave her a massage, kiss on the forehead goodnight, hugged her in bed then slept in another room. She still REALLY cares about me.

I started drugs when I was 13 and she made me and it was hard but I quit for her when I was 16 (everyday druggie)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 10:24 PM
    It sounds like she cares for you, that doesn't mean love. And neither of us are her, so we don't know if she has truly moved on (in her heart) or not. Only she does.
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Mar 13, 2008, 11:30 PM
    Since you guys began from very young,it is possbile that now even she does not love you any more,she still cares about you just like family.You growed up together and loved each other,now even she does not love you any more,she can't just forget you and ignore you... care does not mean love!be cool,focus on your things and let her focus on her uni! Everything will be OK!good luck!

Mar 13, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Sighh yea, really hope it does work out. Thanks :)
    Trandy Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

May 29, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky0604fh
    yeah i do get it haha
    i was joking and being serious at the same time :rolleyes:
    Jeeze...
    Name:  roll eyes.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  2.7 KB... kids these days...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Messed up big time with girl [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all glad I found this forum as it contains a wealth of useful knowledge but I need others opinions about a situation I have. I am 20 in college and have never really had a serious relationship. In the past year or so I started talking with some girls at different times and have been very close...

I messed up my mom's love life, BIG TIME. [ 2 Answers ]

So, my mom has this friend that I've never particularly liked, then today she tells me that she dated him and he had all these plans like taking us to disney and universal and up to his cabin in North Carolina before he even met us. And then when I met him I was REALLY rude to him and since my...

I messed up. BIG TIME. [ 6 Answers ]

For those who read my other posts, its been a while, but if you did- I met an amazing guy who loves me and wants to be with me. We've been together for about 4 months a couple of days.. and maybe three days ago, I cheated on him. ::smacks self in face. Kicks self in a$$:: It was with a long...

I messed up big time.Pushed too hard. [ 5 Answers ]

My GF and I have been together for about 6 months, throughout its been good and hard (she had some baggage from past relationships, which we talked about it and worked through). For a while, we had lots of sex ( I still say made love, 'cause we did , feelings and intimacy was all there) Then about...

View more questions Search