Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffany1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 09:53 AM
    Restitution in bankruptcy?
    My sister was ordered by the superior court 7000.00 restuition.( this restuition is owed to ACCHCS) can this be put into chapter 7 bankruptcy?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2010, 10:54 AM

Not if this is Court Ordered restitution. The Trustee will carefully look into the origin of the debt and will not accept this debt to be discharged in a Chapter 7 proceeding. If you try to do the bankruptcy paperwork yourself versus an attorney it won't help either. An attorney will advise you that you cannot discharge this type of debt as it's not really a debt like a home loan, car loan, credit cards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Bridgeport Bankruptcy a legit company to file Bankruptcy with [ 7 Answers ]

Is Bridgeport Bankrupty online service a good company to file Bankruptcy. Are there any major reported complaints, like not filing Bankruptcy properly or at all.

What happens if I can't pay restitution? My restitution is $500,000 , 4,200 a month [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court and in court they asked for restitution in the amount of $500,000, in court the judge said no she couldn't grant it, there was no way I could pay that unless I won the lottery. Well I go to jail get my probation papers and the restitution is on there I'm ordered to pay the 500,000...

Is it possible to file bankruptcy and have the restitution eliminated? [ 3 Answers ]

I was ordered to pay restitution of 10,000 dollars ten years ago and today I received a letter about the issue I also have other debts such as student loans, credit card bills and medical bills. Is it possible to file bankruptcy and have this eliminated being that I'm in hardship and have been...

Is Restitution Listed as Income on Bankruptcy? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been paying criminal court-ordered restitution to someone for many, many years. That person filed for bankruptcy without listing his on-going civil case against me, as an asset. Also the person did not list the money I have been paying him, monthly, for many years, as income. I have paid him...

View more questions Search