Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sailorboy5916 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 09:22 AM
    Can the hot water from a Honeywell 509 Humidifier damage a condensation pump
    The whole house Honeywell 509 Humidifier was installed and the drain run to the AC condensation pump. After a few cycles the pump no longer works. The water from the Humidifier is extremely hot. Could it have damaged the pump?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2010, 11:19 AM
    Quite possible, the impeller or float is probably plastic. You could possibly drain it into a 5 gallon pail and connect an overflow pipe into the pump. At least that way it cools a bit. Another possible solution is to see if you can run it into a laundry tub.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New furnace and humidifier causing condensation and water leaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new furnace working and a new humidifier turned off and I notice some water leaking from the return air pipe and the maintenance guy told me that it's not the furnace problem but it's mine to find from where is coming the dirty (brow) water leaking from above the humidifier. And in the...

Condensation damage to coils: repair or replace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 13 year old Ruud Silhouette system (dual zone). Ruud model number: UGDJ-07AEUR. I had been running a do-it-yourself-installed humidifier in each unit. They sprayed mist into the airflow. They were replaced last year at which time scale was seen on the coils and condensation pan. This...

Dripping hot water bath tap causing damage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all Can anyone assist me,I have a dripping bath tap that has caused(I think)the underside of my bath floor to become wet,resulting in a water mark on my downstairs kitchen ceiling.Tried to remove the washer,but the nut inside the tap is on so tight I can't remove it with a wrench. The seal...

Thin skin and damage by hot water [ 2 Answers ]

Several years ago I read or heard something about older adults not taking hot showers. It said that because of thinner skin which causes veins to be closer to the top of the skin on the elderly, that taking hot baths could be dangerous. I have an older friend that goes to the spa regularly,...

View more questions Search