Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TianaS98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 07:34 AM
    Mental Block for BHS
    Hi I'm on a Junior Level 4 team and I have allmost anything you could think of I have been cheering from the time I was 4 I have a Roundolf BHS full, punch front threw to layout standing tuck Toe Tuck, and working standing full but for some odd reason I have had 4 mental blocks just for BHS I don't understand and the other thing is that I have been doing 2 2 layouts standing for like 1 year now!! Im worried that I will fall or mess up my sister keeps telling me that I have it and my mom just yells at me, I have a lot to live up to my sister had her double at 11 I'm now 12... and she cheer's on the world winning team for SR all girl she is on SR. Elite at cheer extreme and is amazing and my dream is to win worlds but how can I do that if I'm not of a level 5 team and I know that I have to do my bhs for that I have an amazing BHS its soooo pretty but I allways stop of something and every time I hear the metel block speech I get worse please please please help me!! This is what I love and I don't want to give it up!! 1
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 16, 2010, 10:06 AM
    *Too
    Much
    Pressure*
    Plain and simple. Pushy frantic mom and older sister to live up to.
    You are the only one deep down who 'knows' the real reasons for the mental block and how to deal with it, but I for one would sit mom down and read her the riot act. Sis encourages you, while mom yells at you? Tell mom she has 2 choices: leave you totally alone (maybe just help from your sister?) or watch you fail. Her choice. If she argues, walk away. If she argues that she is the one who pays and drives and blah blah, ignore it (it's not relevant; she's doing all that for her own satisfaction). Don't get sucked into any arguments at all.
    Clastar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 11:00 PM
    I know you have heard this before but practice really does make perfect. I would suggest you relax and try your BHS where you are most comfortable i.e.. (mat, trampoline,or just your favorite place). It really sounds like you are over thinking this. You and your sister are two different girls, you will never be exactly like her and you shouldn't judge yourself by her success or failure. We all have our off days. Focus on yourself and no one else!! Mentally you need to understand that the pressure you are putting on yourself is ultimately keeping you from hitting that bhs. Us mothers may yell if we think your not putting in 110% but that's only because as your mom she knows your potential. Keep practicing maybe try a funny movie while stretching or dancing to your favorite song, then when your in that happy silly zone go for it and knock it out girl you have this one!! Much love from a cheer mommy and former allstar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get rid of this mental block about my body? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a really bad body image. I kind of generally don't like my body, because even though I'm at a healthy weight, I could lose some pounds (why is losing a few pounds harder than losing a lot?), I have cellulite... but my biggest hang up are my small breasts. I just don't feel they're sexy. I...

Who ownes block of land between the 700 block of king st and county st. in portsmout [ 3 Answers ]

Need to know who owns the parking lot across the street from 714 king st. portsmouth, va 23704. Is iti public or priviate property it is parallel.

Difference between concrete block and cinder block [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between concrete block and cinder block when used in a home's foundation? What makes cinder block less desirable?

My Mental Block [ 2 Answers ]

What's up, Im a Sophomore in high school, and I'm in high jump right now and the state tourny is right around the corner, does anybody know how I can go just 3 or 4 more inchees higher. I have been going 6 3 all year but there is a mental block after that, what are some tips for me to get that...

View more questions Search