Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alaa04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Daycare
    Hello, I would like to know crucial steps I must take to open a privately owned daycare.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2007, 06:39 PM
    State license, inspection of the building and approval. There are books of laws and rules from the type of equipment, to the type of food prep equpment needed and how much staff has to be on hand per child by age, and education levels needed on staff and areas needed to separate children and so much more.

I will assume you have worked in the industry and know most of the rules and laws.

You need to write up a detailed business plan, check into the zoning, local and state licenses needed. And of course liability insurance

Proper location and government license are some of the most important issues
    Forever21 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Feb 6, 2007, 07:18 AM
    I want to start a daycare myself as well. I am going to start of by buying a house and using it for that purpose only so that I can get it started then with the money I make then I will buy a facility where I can put a daycare in a strip mall or somewhere I do not know what state you live in but I am from Orlando, Fl and I was able to obtain all the information I needed by accessing the department of children website.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Out of control at daycare [ 8 Answers ]

I work at a daycare and my class is k-5th grade. I have one child in my class that is absolutely out of control. We have tried everything. She hits, she steals, she won't ever be quiet during lessons or quiet time and she purposely tries to aggrevate the other kids. Now she thinks it's funny to...

My Dog & Adjusting to Doggy Daycare [ 6 Answers ]

I have a one year old male yellow lab who is very rambunctious and loves to go and play with other dogs but has problems settling down. He is fine is we leave him at home and we crate him. He never cries at night when we go to bed and put him in the crate. He is a bit hyper I guess but the vet...

Daycare? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like any information pertaining to starting a daycare business. Any relevant grants or government agencies that are available for funding. Any particular qualifications that are associated for the owner and it's employees. Even any known loopholes.

View more questions Search