Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mckenziem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 10:26 AM
    Does purchases go on the adjusted trial balance?
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2010, 11:15 AM

Purchases go on the trial balance, but you should have info about your ending inventory so that your adjustments will include an entry to zero out Purchases, and adjust Inventory and COGS. Your adjusted trial balance would not have a balance in Purchases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trial Balance Worksheet, Adjustments & Adjusted Trial Balance [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to do a Trial Balance worksheet and this is what I have to do, I believe these go in the adjustments section. a. Unexpired insurance balance at December 31, 2008: $2,500 b. Supplies on hand at December 31, 2008: $500 c. Depreciation on building for the...

Accounting need assistance with adjusted trial balance, doesn't balance [ 3 Answers ]

1. Office supplies on hand at year end amounted to $ 420 2. The equipment costing $30,000 has an expected life of six years and no salvage value. Mike uses straight-line depreciation. 3. A premium of $ 1500 for a one year insurance policy was paid on November 1. 4. Wages earned by employees but...

PLEASE help me create an unadjusted trial balance and an adjusted balance? [ 1 Answers ]

PLEASE help me create an unadjusted trial balance and an adjusted balance. Three friends opened a roller rink on October 1, 2008. The following transactions occurred during the first month. Oct 1. Received contribution of $22,000 from EACH three principal owners of the business in exchange...

Trial Balance & Adjusted Trial Balance [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question that doesn't seem to make too much sense. Can anyone explain this to me? Which of the accounts below would appear on an adjusted trial balance but probably would not appear on the trial balance? -Fees Earned -Accounts Receivable -Unearned Fees -Depreciation Expense The...

View more questions Search