Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adicus75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Laminate floor buckling repairable?
    We have laminate wood flooring that was installed about a year ago. Recently, our dishwasher had an issue that we were unaware of and leaked enough to make the floor in front of it buckle up at the seams between two of the floor boards. There is a tiny gap, but not too large just buckles upward between the gap. Is there a way to repair it temporarily so that it does not chip where it is buckling up until we can afford to have someone professionally fix it? As I have heard that a lot of the boards may have to come up in order to repair it correctly. I was told that there is some sort of a resin I could put in to fill in the crack it has left and leave it smoother, but that was before we had any flooring problems and I can't remember anything about it. Thanks for any helpful tips!
    dannysmom Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2007, 06:15 PM
    I have a similar problem around my dishwasher. There was no leak but maybe some steam.
    gunsguy Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Yes many boards may have to come up to fix the problem, now if it is moisture getting in there you have a bad problem as the moisture gets trapped under the laminates it starts to rot the underlay. You may purchase either silicone or a hardwood (soft) filler to temporarly rid the gap, but my best advice would be to contact a flooring installer to have the repair fixed right because in the long run the floor under may need replacment, and then you are in serious $$$

Gunsguy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Last row of laminate floor does not lay flat [ 6 Answers ]

We can not get the last row (2.5 inches wide) to lay flat. The piece does not snap in. We are using a Shaw laminate that is approx. 7.5 in wide and 47.5 in long. We have tried using a mallet and bar to no avail. Is there a trick that we are not using? Should we trim off the bottom part that...

Laminate floor help [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here but have a terrible problem with a laminate floor we laid about 18 months ago. We laid the floor on top of a well kept, still stuck, vinyl floor. Then the underlayment and then the laminate floor. This is in the kitchen Now here is my problem- in front of the sink,...

Laminate floor thickness? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on installing laminate flooring on the second floor of my house. What laminate floor thickness should I be looking for? There's tons of deals on 7mm thick laminate, but I've been advised to buy 8mm and up only.

Laminate floor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a pergo product over a vinyl kitchen floor, do I need to remove the vinyl to the wood sub-floor? Or can I install right on to the vinyl? Also do I have to use an underlayment since the kitchen is over the basement, no sound or moisture issues? I have been advised by both ways on this...

View more questions Search