ovmari03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Can creditor [Jewelry store] sue in pa
    We try compromising with a payment but they wanted more than we can afford
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2010, 07:35 AM

Hello o:

There's more to this story, of course... But, certainly they can sue. That doesn't mean they'll win. I don't know WHY this controversy developed, but depending on WHY you're not paying, you might win. If you simply fell behind, you'll lose.

But, if you can avoid a judgment, I would. It'll cost you more, and they'll have big leverage over you..

excon
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 15, 2010, 09:19 AM
    Of course they can sue for what they are owed. Why do you owe more than you can afford? For a jewelry purchase or what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the duties of a store keeper? And what are the document handle by a store-kee [ 3 Answers ]

What is the duties of a store keeper? And what are the document handle by a store-keeper

I am being sue my an old creditor out of a job and they won't take what I can pay [ 3 Answers ]

I was served a civil complaint today. Where an old creditor is suing me for a debt that I owe I am not working but call them and ask to set up a payment arrangement they turned me down asking for more than I can give them my court date is coming up October 1st what should I do

Can a creditor sue you using a copy of the original note? [ 6 Answers ]

HFC has started a law suit in Virginia to recover a debt. They have filed an affidavit stating: "that the original instrument through which the debt of ----- is documented has been lost or destroyed. Affiant further states that the records of HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP II, namely the computer data...

Locating jewelry store [ 3 Answers ]

My niece informed me we're having a surprise 50th birthday party for my sis the end of this month. Her and her siblings want me to locate a ruby ring for them to all go in on as a gift. Anyone know where I could purchase one? She's very earthy and wouldn't wear just anything. It needs to be ruby...

View more questions Search