Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohmylanta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 04:30 PM
    I pierced my own bellybutton!
    Last night I tired piercing my own belly button with out telling my parents. I decided not to keep it, so I am closing it up. The only thing is that I am worried about infections and that I will have to tell my parents if it gets ifnected. Is it normal for it to be a little painful today? Help! I need answers. :confused:
    Ro0dle Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 09:54 AM
    I can imagine it would be extremely painful the day after because I had my bellybutton pierced professionally (that took me ages to get my parents to allow me to do it because I was only 14 at the time, it was 3 years ago) and mine was extremely painful the next day anyway so you need to make sure that you don't have anything like pj bottoms too high up while you are asleep because they'll rub on it and just make sure you keep it clean with antiseptic that you would usually use on cuts or injuries, you could use salt water or savlon healing cream too. Just ensure it is kept very clean but don't keep cleaning it, like don't do it loads of times throughout the day because the antiseptic could make your skin irritated, just do it about 3 or 4 times a day. Basically you need to treat it as you would if it was a piercing because it is healing the same even though it is actually closing up. I know I'm not an expert but this would stop any infection or anything from occurring, you may have a small scar but it shouldn't be too bad because you have taken it out so quickly :) I hope this helped in some way
    breezyybabyy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 08:21 PM
    Its going to be sore to the touch, have a scap & possibly feel hard. I pierced mine well over 3 times bt myself; no infections! However, if you feel like you need to c if its infected; u shoud tell,someon(adult) that you trust and have it go chekkd out. Or c your scool nurse(depending on ware you live because I'm out of scool) & if your navel is irritated, red, twnder,sore, etc. after about 3 or 4 days, I'd hv an adult loom at it. If your needle was unsterile then you shoud worry about it healing, I pierced with starile and unsterile& never got infection, but you can if your not careful. What kind of needle this you use?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bellybutton infection [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have any piercings, but I frequently have an infection inside my bellybotton. When I go to clean it out I can feel some discomfort all the way down my groin. Could it be a symptom of something else (prostrate, etc.)?

View more questions Search