Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deepak2312 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 04:57 AM
    Low mileage by Lancer Mitsibushi Petrol
    I own 2002 Lancer Petrol & run 96,000 KMs so far. It gave exceptionelly good service. One month back, sent vehicle to local garage for preventive maintenance. After that it started showing some electrical problem like beep- beep sound even when it is totally off. Also a yellow icon on when ever I drive vehicle. It seems that cooling fan also stopped working. Mechanic said that problem is with ECM & get it tunes at show room. But we don't have any show room in Hyderabad so he made some direct wiring & fitted an external sensor to control fan movement.

Now vehicle is running fine but started consuming heavy fuel ( hardly 5 KMPL). Its emitting black smoke. Mechanic want me to replace ECM, which costs app. 40,000/-. Can some one help me?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 15, 2010, 07:37 AM

It seems you need a better mechanic to service your vehicle properly.
    You don't have to go to a dealer. I did a quick Google search for auto repairs in your area and several options came up.
    You should call around and ask if they have seen the kinds of problems you're having.
    Actual diagnostic trouble codes could make finding the problem easier.
    Good luck!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2010, 07:56 AM

. Check for codes using a code reader attached to the under dash data link connector.

. Read the link below to help solve the radiator fan problem:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1642158

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Standard mileage vs. Actual mileage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I had business income last year in 2007 (Schedule C) so I took the auto actual expense deduction. In the current year I do not have the business income but I have the rental income where I can take the auto expenses in Schedule E. I want to know if I can take the standard mileage...

Low mileage (42K)1998 Honda CRV stalling while driving [ 1 Answers ]

I am original owner of 1998 Honda CRV with 42K miles on it and it is now stalling while driving and sometimes while at a red light.

1999 Honda Civiv, low gas mileage after new fuel filter installed [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently installed the new Fuel filter in my car 1999 Honda Civic. Since then it seems the car is using about 30% more gas than before. I also did the tune up and the used AC compressor was installed. I did not even used the AC after the compressor was installed. Something I...

Mitsubishi Lancer 1998 low mileage [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mitsubishi Lancer 1998 1.3 75HP car and recently it started getting very low mileage. When I went to a technical examination of the car where they connected it to the exhaust gases tester, they noticed that the O2 level was very high. Spark plugs have been changed recently. It started...

View more questions Search