Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    balu_ind Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 04:56 AM
    Sir, I want a centronic cable whose both ends are 36 pin male... it is a cen
    Sir, *** tell me how can I make centronic cable whose both ends are 36 pin male centronic connector
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 15, 2010, 09:14 AM

You could always buy one! Not sure how you would make one!

Dec 15, 2010, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    You could always buy one! Not sure how you would make one!
    My dear I tried to buy it even from delhi also,but it is not available in delhi because of its less use.now a days this type of cable is not used... if you know how to connect its both ends,then reply me.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 06:58 PM

Okay,

The Centronics Interface was never a 36 pin to 36 pin cable.

The original pin was a 25 pin female to a 36 pin Centronics "D" shell.

With the advent of IEEE 1294, or Bi-Di as it was called, the was a bi-directional cable that was a mini-36 pin cable.

Is that what you are asking about?

Dec 20, 2010, 03:27 AM
    Dear donf sir, you are wrong.you are requested to visit a site http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=913&sku=02682 in this site u are able to see the pic of centronic cable whose both ends are 36 pin.If u know how to connect these two pins.tell me
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2010, 04:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by balu_ind View Post
    Dear donf sir, you are wrong.you are requested to visit a site 6ft Centronics 36 M/M Parallel Printer Cable - Cables To Go in this site u are able to see the pic of centronic cable whose both ends are 36 pin.If u know how to connect these two pins.tell me
    Sorry Don is right, but that doesn't mean that a 36-36 pin cable does not exist. But there are plenty of places that will make a custom cable for you.

Dec 20, 2010, 08:42 AM

Actually I did look at that cable and it for a Male to Male from a "Centronics Switch Box", not from a PC to Printer.

If you have such a box, you need to tell us!

So, please describe what you are trying to connect together.

Dec 21, 2010, 03:51 AM
    donf sir, I'm trying these two ends of centronic connector which are 36 pins and both are male.

Dec 21, 2010, 03:52 AM
    Please donf sir, tell me how these two connectors are connected... should I connect 1to 1pin and so on up to 36 pin to 36.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 21, 2010, 04:15 AM

As Don said we need to know the usage of the cable. It may be you need a straight through (1-1) or you may need to reverse (1-36).

Dec 21, 2010, 09:36 AM

A normal Centronics cable is a 25 pin female to 36 pin male.

A bi-directional (IEEE 1294) cable can be a 36 to 36, but the cable ends are much smaller.

If I were you, I would get an 18 pair of 22 AWG copper cable and do a 1 to 1 configuration.

Centronics depends on a signal leg to the device and a return leg back.

Good luck!

Dec 22, 2010, 07:24 AM
    donf sir,why you don't get me... I have two 36 pin male centronic connector same as I have send you web address.I want to connect these two connectors... but how?

Dec 22, 2010, 07:27 AM
    donf sir.*** see the site http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=913&sku=02682
    I have same connector,but I don't know how to connect.Sir I have electronic wheel aligner machines who have 36 oin.I want to connect it through printer which also have 36 pin.ok.I think know u get me.

Dec 22, 2010, 10:48 AM

No, I don't think I get you. If you have the same cable as is pictured in that web page, then you need a switch box to use that cable.

Just because a printer uses a 36 pin Centronics ended cable, does not mean that your aligners will use the same cable pattern.

What machines are you trying to connect, can you send me a description of the devices as well as the printer? What connection ports on the wheel aligners are you trying to connect to? Does the wheel aligner support the Centronics interface?

Dec 22, 2010, 09:00 PM
    donf sir, I have wheel aligner hofmann 321 model which is 1997 model.for imafe go to http://www.warsztat.pl/pl/ogloszenie/96/przyrzad-komputerowy-do-geometrii-hoffman-4-glowicoey.html
    This aligner has 36 pin port,it is not changeable.when I purchase this machine I have cable 36 pin to 36 pin centronic.but now it is damaged and misplaced.so I want a new one but in india it is not available in market due to its less use.

Dec 23, 2010, 07:32 AM

So write the manufacturer and ask them to send you new cables.

Or special order the cable from cables to go.

Dec 24, 2010, 07:15 AM
    Dear donf,sirst I will tell you that 36 pin to 36 pin is a single cable,no centronic box is required.I have these two both connector but I don't know how to connect them.2-3 websites I see that they sell these type oc cable, I contact them but they want money through credit card which I don't have.I just want connection diagram only.but you also don't know.thanks... but you can't help me.

Dec 24, 2010, 08:13 AM

Excuse me, but I do know how.

If I wanted to, I could go down to the electrical supply store and pick up the parts I need and then build the cable.

I have absolutely no need of a 36 pin female to male centronics terminated cable.

You are the one who does not seem to understand. No company is going to send you a pin-out of their cable. Especially if the cable is patented here in the U.S.A. They will charge you it how they make money.

However, I gave you the best answer I can. I have no idea of the electrical connections used by your aligners.

I have told you repeatedly that a normal Centronics connector (male / "D" shell) connector is a pin to pin connection for a printer.

Why in heavens name you do not take the time to look at the 25 pin female port on a "PC" to verify the sending port is beyond me.

If you are asking foe someone to take the time to design a cable for you, it's just not going to happen, because there are patent regulations that can be enforced if you breach someone's design patent.

Also, it is a design issue. If you want to hire me, fine but this is information that is plainly available to you.

For goodness sakes, get a Ohm meter and do a continuity test to get your own mapping!

Dec 24, 2010, 09:53 PM
    Sir pl visit the site http://iec-usa.com/m2200.html
    *** listen me carefully: my aligner have 36 pin port,my printer epson lx 300 have also 36 pin.I need a cable which connect aligner and printer,the cable I need is 36 pin centronic connector both so that aligner and printer will connect.as I said earlier I have this type of cable but I lost it.so I want this type of cable.I searched a lot, in forign like usa I find a cable.but due to credit card procedure I'm not able to purchase.thats why I I know the procedure I will connect these two connectors in india also.

Dec 24, 2010, 10:04 PM
    *** suggest me can I join other printer to aligner.but aligner have 36 pin port use only 36 pin centronic m cable.can I print it with using 25 pin to 36 pin cable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I connect my PC to my laptop with a VGA male to male cable? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I connect my PC to my laptop with a VGA male to male cable? I don't have a monitor. I want to use my laptop monitor with my desktop.

How to connect laptop to laptop with male to male cable [ 7 Answers ]

USB male to male cable not recognised by laptops

Usb adaptor for 8 pin serial printer cable [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for an adaptor for my HP laserjet 4ML printer which has an 8 pin serial connector and I want to connect it to a computer that uses usb connections.

Printer cable adapters - 8 pin to USB? [ 7 Answers ]

I have an old Apple LaserWriter 4/600 PS printer that works great. It uses an 8 pin mini DIN serial cable. I have a G4 Apple computer with USB and FW ports. I need some sort of adapter to hook these two work horses together. Is there such an animal? Is there another way?

View more questions Search